Thread: my worrying finally seems under control

my worrying finally seems under control

My youngest daughter has gone swimming with the school this morning......and Im actually calm and relaxed
    a few months ago,I would have either found an excuse for her not to go.....or I would have let her go and spent the whole morning obsessing,crying and thinking of every worse scenario.....someone ducking her and her having an asthma attack,my daughter panicking in the deep end and drowning,her slipping by the pool and knocking her self unconscious....the teacher ringing me with bad news.....etc etc
    don,t get me wrong...Ive still had fleeting worrying thoughts,but they are put into perspective by me answering them rationally...."the teachers will keep a careful eye on them,they won,t let them in the deep end unless they are good enough swimmers,my daughter will be allowed her inhalers at the poolside,my daughter although only learnt to swim last september,is actually a good strong swimmer....she will be fine.
    these meds are funny things....they make you feel shit for a few weeks,sometimes more...then suddenly....you,re calm and all seems well,long may it last

Re: my worrying finally seems under control

So glad you're feeling better and dealing with your thoughts much more rationally and calmly. I'm so please for you xxx

Thread Information