Thread: Day nine Sertraline 50mg

Day nine Sertraline 50mg

Hi havent been on for a long time but thought i would share some information have been on and of seroxat for the last 13 years the last year being only 10mg a day.Recently became unwell with panic/anxiety and depression early morning wakening gone of food etc went back to the doctor.Rather than upping the seroxat to 20mg doctor decided that now was a good time to change to somthing else after only being on 10mg of seroxat for last year.He gave me 50mg of sertraline so far havent felt to bad apetite back early morning wakening not so bad havent had the sick nausea feeling with anxiety but still waking up early.Hoping these tablets work for me been off work a couple of weeks hope to return soon even though im anxious about returning.Thought id post my experience to help others i will update my experience with sertraline as i keep taking it

---------- Post added at 10:16 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

I forgot to add lol have had a few side affect since starting sertraline 50 mg nothing to bad pain in ear for two days bit spaced out first three days and the worst which i still have a bit is an upset stomach some days hopefully this shall fade with continued treatment.

Re: Day nine Sertraline 50mg

Hi Vetran - thanks for that - very helpful info - same boat as you - Prozac 15 years - not working, etc, starting sertraline 100mg! tonight - nervous but posts like this help - hope you feel well soon too. Laura

Thanks Laura just thought i would post my experience and see if any one else has had any success switching from seroxat to sertraline. Im hoping it wont be two bad because i was only on 10mg of seroxat for the last year which isnt alot compare to what i have taken in the past 20/30mg.Im hoping the sertraline works because id be happy being on a different drug than seroxat even though it has kept me well in the past being able to work function better etc.

Thanks for that - good luck to you too! Laura

Hi Laura you say your starting straight on 100mg maybe ask your doctor if you can start on 50mg for a couple of days first because if you start straight on 100mg it might make you feel unwell. Think you should ask you doctor about maybe taking 50mgs for a few days first to get your body use to them gradualy, i feel spaced out on 50mgs so going straight on 100mg might be a bit much to begin with

Thread Information