Page 49 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Citralopram Starting out (day 3)

Re: Citralopram Starting out (day 3)

Ems, afraid my tummy's still not right after around 6 weeks! Not wrenching though. Yep, bananas, peppermint tea. My favourite is milkshakes and yogurt drinks. Also, it's good to keep your blood sugar up. The angst can make it go low and if that happens you can get a wobbly/ dizzy spell. It's harmless but unnerving.

Porridge is a good idea will try it. Another favourite of mine is stilton and beetroot sandwiches. Perhaps that's why I have a dodgy tum tum.

The breathing exercise is quite simple. When you feel the angst, say to yourself "STOP!". Take medium in breadth, then very slowly breathe out. As you do, let go of any anxiety and stress. Breath right out and slowly. Hold for a few seconds when empty. Enjoy the moment. Allow your breathing to restart and look around for something bright and interesting to take your mind as your breath starts up. That's it! I can write it up properly tomorrow, but it seems to work for me.

Em, you are doing incredibly well getting out and about and doing your family duties in spite of your SEs.

See you

Steve

Morning,

Hows everyones morning going?? Had a canny nights sleep last night didn't wake up as oftern. Woke up feeling a bit anxious again today, if I am having blip again its not as bad as the last one!! These meds must take a while to settle!! The good thing is even though feel a bit anxious its not interfering with my life so I need to kick it where it hurts!! Nasty anxiety!!

Weather is really pants today so not sure what to do!! But getting out and about defo helps!! Might improve loads again when I go back to work!!

Day 3 of Peppa Pig!!! Roll on 1pm when the lil tinker goes to nursery, no wonder I am having a blip!!!!!

Steve I think when you have increased your meds its upsetting your tummy again. It will settle down!! Then you wont be able to go!! LOL!!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Kendra xx

Aaallllaaannn where are you??????

Morning all, i had a good nights sleep too, 8 hours. i woke up feeling better than yesterday which is great :-)

Steve it took me 8 weeks before i felt really good so hold in there, and Kendra's right its because you've upped dosage but will settle real soon im sure. x

Kendra you sound brill, its amazing what sleep can do for ya eh? oh the blips will all go eventually but it wears on my patience i can tell you ha ha ooooo how exciting peppa pig , at least it keeps him occupied. i remember my lad loving the adverts so i taped loads of them and never heard a peep out of him when i put it on. he fast forwards them now lol have a good day whatever you do xx

Im going to dog sit for my sister today while she goes to the dentist, they are such fun and im really looking forward to having them. then im off to have a spray tan to cheer me up, never had one before but my neice offered me one so im going to give it a go. only a light one. will let you know how it goes.

em hope you got on all right last night not taking your diaz. let us know :-)

alan, were are you? we are missing you xxxxxx

wishing you all a great day, its still wet here. see you later

Lesley xx

---------- Post added at 09:04 ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 ----------

hello to David, Hazel and Tracey too, hope you are all ok xx

Hi & morning all,
    Need some moral support, had real bad night, didn't feel good before bed, slept very badly,
    broke out in sweats all night & felt very nausea's, feel totally worn out this morning, feel I have taken a massive step backwards. Am on day 25 today, thought some of the s/e would have subsided by now?

Am supposed to be going out with friends tomorrow night for a meal for my birthday, but the way i am feeling now don't know if I can do it. Don't think the weather is helping, torrential rain & dark

Hope you all have a good day

Hazel xx

Hazel, tomorrow is another day and you could be fine by them, the reason you feel so bad is due to your bad night, you need to rest up today, its funny how one day you can be crap and the next day alls well. but its just the meds doing their job i guess. im sure you'll make the meal tomorrow as long as you rest today xx

((((hug for you))) xx

Hazel, we are all with you. Lesley’s right; tiredness makes a big difference. Now your dose has stabilized, the chemical levels in your brain are adjusting. This is why you felt disturbed. Did you get vivid dreams? Anything freaky to share? Afraid, I seem a bit more sweaty most nights now. Something I’ll happily live with (not sure wife would agree!).

Regarding meal tomorrow, my advice is to try to look forward to it, not to think that you can just about get through it! Imagine yourself having fun! You will enjoy it I’m sure.

((Hugs))

Kendra, sounds like the anxiety is not on anything like the scale of before and you’re managing it well. I think I’m same. Slept well, but a little anxious this morning. The feeling is somewhere between full on anxiety and manic excitement. Very odd. Was dancing to some Deacon Blue on radio 2 earlier (that MUST be the pills!). I took the pills about an hour ago, so has to be related. Seems like Peppa Pig has a calming effect on Wills. Perhaps we should all give it a try! Why day 3? Is there some kind of local Peppa Pig festival?

Good luck with tan Lesley. I’ve PM’d you re: facebook. What sort of dogs are they?

I’ve got yoga later. Looking forward to it rather than thinking I should force myself to go. Must be a good sign?

How everyone else, David, Ems, Tracey and of course Alan??? I’m sure there are others too?

See you

Steve

hi all, sorry i havent got on here for a while but docs appointments for me and the wife plus baby duties have been keeping me busy. i went to the gps yesterday and he increased my meds to 20mg plus 2mg diazepam if needed, something perhaps yours docs may consider to help many of you with your anxieties as i cant see battling away without some support as getting things settled as the mind needs to break the constant pressures. once again i realise how valueable you people are and hope your having a good day.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your support, I know the sleeping has a lot to do with it, but the more you worry about not sleeping, the less you sleep, its a vicious circle that I have got to try & break.

Hi Alan,
    Am keeping my fingers crossed, that upping your dose & diazepam works well for you, keep us informed.

Hey Kendra,
    How bad is this weather, new we would suffer having that good spell a few weeks ago, my garden is absolutely flooded.

Hazel xx

Hello all! I slept well and didn't take my diaz so that was good! I woke once but seemed to go back fairly easy so will try again tonight? Hows everyones day been, I must admit mine has been a little wobbly to be honest, but been busy all day which I think is the key for me?? & feeling stronger now . Just wondering does anyone have a little glass of wine on these? Should I wait couple of weeks. I just really fancy a little glass of red?? Hope everyones ok xxx

Good evening all

Glad to hear from you Alan. The new prescription makes sense. Hopefully the increased dose won’t be too bumpy. Sounds like you got plenty to keep you occupied and distracted! I’ve never been offered the diazepam. I assumed it was sleeping tablet. Agree, our bodies need a break, and if it gives us that break, worth taking. I’m sure it would have helped me in the early days.

Hi Em, well done on your day. Keeping busy is good. Slow steady progress. I’m not drinking these days, but I’m not against it. Just don’t often feel like it. From what I’ve read alcohol reduces effect of the cit, but isn’t dangerous. I’m sure the odd glass of wine is fine.

My day has been good. Walked dogs, did a bit of work, started a new book and even been to yoga. No panic attacks. The main issue I have is pressure and tingling in right side of my head. I can’t blot it out of my mind. Fell asleep again listening to the hypnotherapy. Hopefully the messages are beginning to sink in. Oh, it was my turn to get soaked when out with the dogs!

Kendra, how was the Peppa Pig festival?

Alan’s right, of all the stuff I’ve tried, I think this thread is the best therapy of all.

Take care

Steve

Page 49 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread Information