Page 1 of 99 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Citralopram Starting out (day 3)

Citralopram Starting out (day 3)

Hi everyone,

Just starting out on 10mg of citralopram and wondering if there are anyone out there are doing the same or have any words of advice or tips to keep me going strong!!

I'm not sleeping good during the night but then shattered during the day. Woke up on after taking it the first night vomiting but haven't since just retching for 5-10 minutes. Waking up at daft o'clock. Day 1 and 2 couldn't eat however I have really forced myself today to eat and have drank lucazade to keep me going.

My head feels a bit fuzzy and I feel a bit odd but not too odd.

Has anyone had any success on only taking 10mg or have they had to up their dose to feel any real benefits?

Any advice or comments welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Kendra x

Re: Citralopram Starting out (day 3)

hi kendra the first couple of weeks taking citalopram can be tough, what you are having are the initial side effects, the good news is that they go, and your sleep will become better, and your stomach will settle down, they can also cause an increase in anxiety.

don't worry, carry on taking them, you will soon feel better, 10mg is the usuall starting dose, and 20mg the lowest theraputic dose.

you will begin to feel the benefits soon, so hang on in there xxx

hi
    I started on 10mg which I took for 2 weeks and after about four days of feeling awful I did start to see a slight improvement. Did one week at 15 mg and have now been on 5 weeks at 20 mg not many more side effects apart from heightened anxiety but that could be down to my mind working overtime and a few anxious thing going on in my life. My son and daughter in law had twins yesterday afternoon a boy and a girl so I might settle a bit now.Here's hoping anyway.

Hi Pinkdove, Bet your sick of me?? Lol. The SE are manageable at the moment not nice but manageable. I just want to wake up normal back to my old self desperately. Thank you for your reply. (Again) x x

Hi stamags, Congratulations on the birth of twins!!! Lovely news. Thank you for replying. Hope tomorrow is the last day of feeling so pants!!

I'm trying not to think about it too much. The anxiety is there got that horrible lump in my throat again. Hate that!!

Take care

Kendra x

Hi Kendra I took cit and they were great but they did take a while to kick in. I am so sorry I just stopped them.

I have had to come home from Ivans as I have been bad today and yesterday it could be the sert starting to make my mind overactive and my fears seem big I have upped my dose from 50 to 100 as I know 50 is a low dose. I am so fed up with my irrational thoughts it is spoiling my life.

How are you today?

Cathy xx

I am on 40mg of citralopram, dont worry all the side effects i.e not sleeping etc soon go and you will notice a big improvement !!! stick with it

Quote Originally Posted by cathycrumble View Post
    Hi Kendra I took cit and they were great but they did take a while to kick in. I am so sorry I just stopped them.

I have had to come home from Ivans as I have been bad today and yesterday it could be the sert starting to make my mind overactive and my fears seem big I have upped my dose from 50 to 100 as I know 50 is a low dose. I am so fed up with my irrational thoughts it is spoiling my life.

How are you today?

Cathy xx

Hi Cathy, not so bad today just feel exhausted. Sorry I haven't emailled you but didn't want to bother you while you were away with Ivan.

Aww Cathy hun i'm so sorry your not feeling good and that you have had to come away early. Sending big hugs

We have just got to be brave don't we but its so hard!! I wish we were normal again!! Are you worrying about your BP??

x x x

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shellbell80 View Post
    I am on 40mg of citralopram, dont worry all the side effects i.e not sleeping etc soon go and you will notice a big improvement !!! stick with it

Thats good don't know how much more tired I can feel really!! Plus I love my sleep!!!! Thank you for the reply!!

x x x

I know it is a stupid fear but I just cant get the thought of me going to have it done as I get so so nervous and I dont know why as it is ok when I go I just cant understand my fear. If I could just relax and think rationally my nerves are shattered.

And I am so tired also but cant sleep properly wake so early and my thoughts are on going.

I am sure the cit will work well for you.

feel bad that I left Ivan but just couldnt relax was shaking. and sick no apitite.

He understands

Cathy xx

Hi Cathy - when we are anxious our bodies become sensitized - everything is out of proportion, irrational, that is my problem at the moment - keep waking up - I have never had this - but hopefully when the meds settle everything will get better. Laura

---------- Post added at 19:05 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

Kendra = hope you'll feel better soon with the Cit x

I totally know how you are feeling Cathy and it is not nice at all. I am sure that the sert. will work for you we both just need to give it time and try together to get through these awful SE's and terrible feelings that we have. Keep remembering that your BP is fine that you are fine its just the anxiety taking over.

Don't feel bad about leaving Ivan like you said he understands.

I have been trying my hardest today to eat little bit regularly. So far it has been working. I don't want to eat and if I do it takes me ages to do it. The best things that I have been able to eat have been fruit, Porridge, yogurt and tomato soup.

Have a go at eating some of these every couple of hours. Even if you take a few bites or mouth fulls its better than nothing!!

Kendra x x

---------- Post added at 19:07 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

Thanks Laura, hope your doing ok?? x

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

At the minute I have that horrible nervous lump in my throat!! I hate that too wish it would do one!!! x

Page 1 of 99 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information