Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Citralopram Starting out (day 3)

Re: Citralopram Starting out (day 3)

ye I will try to eat those I have got porrage and son and ex just gone to get chinese so may have a nibble I cant belive how I have changed from in the week I was feeling quite calm and in control.

You are so right laura how our nerves become sensitised and everything is scary to us. I know this but it is so hard to tell mysellf it is just my nerves making things out of proportion. I had a bout of bad nerves years ago and i got out of it without meds just by reading claire weeks book. but this time I just cant rise above it.

I know Kendra I have got to believe my BP is fine because it is. my CBT therepist thinks I may have health anxiety. but I will see how I go. I hope she can help me gain confidence. I feel for my poor children well they are grown up but they are worried about me and I dont know what to do. They want their old lively mum back who is always up for a laugh.

Feels like I got a big brick in my stomach. I know what you mean about the lump in the throat its awfull.

Cathy xx

hi
    Kendra i feel for you as the reaching i had when first starting was horrible but thankfully it only lasted a few days so hopefully yours will too and my appetite came back in the 3rd week just lived on toast and bananas and them mini ginger bread men !!!
    hope you also feel better soon cathy

Thanks Angel. Are you taking cit? How long have you been on your medication.

Cathy xx

hi cathy
    yes im on cit ..week five at 10mg at the moment i asked to increase last week but the dr suggested i take a beta blocker along side it rather than increase but i haven't tried it yet,was also tapering of amitryptline been on it a few years and i stopped 3 days ago x

I think the 20mg is better for anxiety but I am sure the gp has reasons to keep you on the 10mg as long as it is helping you .

Cathy xx

that's what i thought... i had been getting the shakes so he said it might help but i haven't had them for a few days now ..so didn't bother taking the beta blockers,going for a blood test on the 12th to see if everything else is ok but he wasn't keen on upping so i will see what he says in a few weeks after ive had my bloods done.

Good idea just take it slowly going up a dose.

Cathy xx

yes im in no rush but would like to feel better sooner rather than later but as long as im coping for the minute im trying to limit what im taking to see what works best for me.
    have had anxiety for 4 years and chopped and changed meds a few years back which made me worse... so a few months of seeing how i go doesn't seem long x

yes deffo think that is what's happend to me since sep 2010 I have swapped meds and has set me back just trrying to get one to help me. I did take cit and it took 3 months but I was great so I stayed on it for another 3 months then because i felt great I stupidly stopped it what a mistake that was went right back to square one.

So on sertraline now and suffering a bit the last few days I have been on it just over a week.

Cathy xx

Day 4.

Morning everyone,

How are you all today??

Woke up this morning at 5.30am bit of a lie in!!!! Tried to go back to bed and just tossed and turned. The Anxiety has hit me more today. Just lay in bed thinking to myself this is going to happen before I get better ride through it. Went back to bed at 6.30 to just lie there. Mind chatter loads of thoughts going through my head racing really fast. It was really bad this morning. Thoughts about nothing!!!

Going to try hard to eat again today, think it helps when I do. Wish I could shake this odd feeling off though. It lingers over me like a cloud!!

My hubbys out all day at the football, my mams popping over later so its just me and our Wills today! Hope I cope ok?? Why am I even thinking that way?? Wouldn't normally bother me!!

Arrrrgh I am sick of this now!!

Kendra x

Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information