Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Citralopram Starting out (day 3)

Re: Citralopram Starting out (day 3)

Hi Everyone
    I am just starting out on Citalopram, in fact started on Monday 10mg. I actually live in France, so although I speak and read French reasonably well, reading the leaflet that came in the packet was a bit taxing! It is good to hear about other peoples experiences. After 5 days I still feel anxious at times, mainly evenings and just before going to bed. However, I do think I have made a little improvement. For about 3 months I have been having the odd panic attack and I have been very anxioius, my main problem has not being able to take a deep breath or can't fill my lungs with air. So after feeling exhausted and stupidly trying to fight it, I went to the doctor. I think finally facing it has made a big difference to how I feel too. I take the citalopram in the morning, does anyone have any views on when best to take it.
    I have had a glass of of wine on two occasions, but because of reading a few adverse things I was a little apprehensive as to the effects, but I was ok. Does anyone know what the adverse effects or other reasons as to why you are advised not to drink?
    Nice to meet you all.

Hi Gunny - I started my first Citalopram 10mg last night - have had a headache today but can cope with that - I have to up to 20mg on Sunday night? I take my around 7pm, but do drink on them - I personally would avoid, those that do take it in the morning -if that helps!

Hopefully we shall soon be on the road to recovery!

All the best

Laura

well i survived the day, what horrible weather im fed up of getting wet, oh and my brolly broke so had to put my hat on my coat up, not a pretty sight i can tell you! anyway im a bit tired but was a good day overall.

aw Kendra, it must be driving you mad the anx over the motorway, you just got to go try it, go on a part of the motorway that has'nt got a long way to go to next slip road and get off quick if you need to? just an idea, i feel for you. hows your day been today?

Em i dont blame you not having a drink, maybe in another week :-) your doing so well though, keep it up.

Steve, oh it must be something in the air with you and alan having words with the wives, i hope its all ok now though and your ready for your family, i hope you have a nice time with them. how you feeling about it all? hope your not too anx xx

Gunny and laura, welcome its always nice to see new peeps :-) hope the side effects go quick and you both feel better real soon. xxx sorry can't advise on drinking because i have not tried one yet :-(

hope everyone has a good evening , see you tomorrow.

Lesley xx

Hello all!

I think today has been the first day since maybe January that I haven't had any anxiety whatsoever! What a great feeling. I know that I'll probably have more blips but just goes to show progress I guess!

Seems like some folks have some questions about drinking on fit. All I can say is that I haven't really scaled back on drinking much. I dont notice any effect but then again I am only on 10 mg so perhaps the higher the dose the more noticeable the effects? I've only heard of increased dizziness with exessive drinking on the cit.

Kendra I know what you mean about driving. I had my first panic attack while driving as well. I feel like I can relate a bit. I wish I could offer some advice on how to cope but my cars engine fell out before I could try to deal with it!

Well lesley I'm glad to hear about the tan! It's amazing how doing a little something for ourselves can really boost confidence!

Well hope you are all doing well Alan Steve Hazel and everyone new!

Good morning all. Yesterday was a difficult day. Parents are here. I had one PA whilst sitting with them in front room. They didn’t notice, but I’m so on edge! The attacks never feel far away. I’m know I should look at yesterday positively, but it’s hard. Everything that used to be so natural is now so difficult.

Progress with this illness is so stilted (is that a word???). It is with me anyway. Just want to be normal!

My wife is working today, so I have to look after them on my own. I’m doing my best to be positive, but a part of me fears the worst. Need to go shopping too....and no doubt they will come! I’m sure day will be fine. No doubt I’ll keep checking in hear to find out how you all doing.

Lesley, how was night out? Hope spraytan didn’t run in the rain! Alan, your suggestion re Butlins was a stroke of genius. Why did we not think of it earlier? How are the SEs? David, glad your doing so well.

Hope you are all well, and have a good weekend.

Steve

morning all, feeling bloaty today, i wonder if thats a side effect of the meds. dull and wet start to the day here. steve, have you ever considered telling your parents you have been having PAs, its a condition we suffer, a bodily imbalance and nothing to be ashamed of although it is embarrassing for us to admit but that heaps more stress on us when we try to hide it.

Hi Alan
    That is good advice. I may well do.
    Steve

Morning All :-)

Steve did'nt go out in end , 2 had tummy upsets (apparently going around) and if im honest i was relieved, because after getting up at 6am yesterday i wasnt fit for much and went to bed and had an early night, feel good this morning after it :-) we will re-arrange it.
    Steve you are doing really well, if you think back a few weeks this weekend would have been harder, when PAs come just remember they dont last long, take deep breaths and it will lift quickly. i agree with alan, maybe you should let your mum and dad know you've been under stress and had pa , if you tell them with a positive attitude (which i know is hard) they will take it the same way. they love you no matter what xx whatever you do, i hope it goes well and your anx calms down. keep us informed and we will help you if we can xx

Alan i had a couple of days of feeling like that but it will go, i think we can safely say these cits cause a lot of SE until they settle in. im still having odd things each day. but deffo easier. hope it gets better today alan.

David always nice to hear how you are doing, my tan made me feel so good will deffo have one again :-) what a lovely positive post with you having no anx, gives us all hope for us, im really pleased for you xx have a great weekend.

Kendra how are you today? im sure we've all been thinking of ways to help you on that motorway! hope your not worrying too much, because you will do this i know you will xxxx

morning to ems, hazel and tracey, and new ones. wishing you all a lovely day.

speak soon,

Lesley xx

---------- Post added at 09:46 ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 ----------

oh i found the smilies at last..............here you go a hug for all :-)) my next posts could be covered with lil yellow dots ha ha

hi all, well ive had an horrendus day, pa and anx, just don;t know why i have, do you think ive gone back to work too soon? i ll have to go back to docs if im the same tomoz, its like a step backwards. grrrrrrrrrrr

how's everyone else? Missing you Kendra..........will come back later to see if anyone been on.

Lesley xx

Hi Lesley, sad to hear you’ve had a difficult day. Perhaps it’s related to tummy upset? Friend of mine (more my wife) thinks the anxiety (and most other illnesses) is related to the gut. There may be something in it. You may have gone to work too soon, but you certainly haven’t gone backwards. Ever since realising you are ill you’ve been moving forwards. Even the blips are a move in the right direction. It is horrible when the angst returns, but as you said, the PAs don’t last long and lift quickly. We are with you. What is your work schedule for next week? Maybe slow down a little.

My day has been okay. A little anxious, but no PAs. Have managed with my parents. Went for a drive and a walk and to a nearby shop (not full on supermarket thank goodness!), and it all went pretty well. There were a few moments when the angst started to rise, but with a few carefully timed breaths I managed to nip it in the bud.

Our youngest dog is playing up at the moment. She’s climbing all over me! She wants attention and leftover lamb chops!

All best everyone

Steve

Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread Information