Page 87 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: Citralopram Starting out (day 3)

Re: Citralopram Starting out (day 3)

Lesley
    Thanks you have all been so kind and supportive its frustrating as feel back to square one i was possibly being greedy lol.... expecting too much from a pill lol...
    80% is certainly better than the 30% i felt today but GP said its still anxiety i was feeling therefore cit wasnt doing its job.

Morning everyone!!

Excellent news David about the Grant! Thank you for your kind comments; I still have my moments if you can call them that but I keep reminding myself that everything changes and nothing stays the same for long no matter what it is. Gives me a clear perspective on things and able to cope better than before. Sounds like your doing well in your neck of the woods! Take us all back a few months and we wouldn't be talking like this on here.

Tracey, try not to worry too much about the new meds; I'm sure it will take a little more time to reach full affect. Your GP sounds like they provide good advice to you. Slowly every day you will become stronger and better. Sometimes we want the meds to make us well in all aspects pronto ... but patience is the game isn't it. Hang in there!!!!

Lesley, excellent news about the all clear. Sounds like you've been busy too which is good. Your very brave!!!

Alan, hows things with you?

Steve, cooked eels are not that bad; not sure I would eat any more in my life, but never say never eh? Hope everything's been OK with work and it's not too draining.

I was busy yesterday, had an upset stomach big time which set me back a bit. Am busy this weekend so may not be on here until next week. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend .... Chelle

hello there! I'm sorry I've not been on for ages. I've been really busy & been working loads and just getting on. It was my little boys 5th bithday and was really busy gettiing his inflatable party sorted, it went really well and had such a brillant time! Sounds like everyone is doing good which is great x Lesley thats fab news too xx
    CBT is coming to an end for me but Ive found it really usful would defo recommend it!!

I've loved reading though all your post's, thank goodness for this thread eh it's got me through some tough times xxx
    Sending you all lots of love Em xxxx

Good afternoon all

I’m back from work early as I’m doing only 5 hours a day this week. It’s another small step up. Will soon be full time again.

I had a reasonably good weekend keeping myself busy. Did lots of house work and a bit of shopping. Put my washing on line on Saturday morning….and it was eventually dry by Sunday evening following several unscheduled rinse cycles in the middle! Met brother in law for walk yesterday. Managed to dodge the showers. I’ve been having a few anxious moments. I get occasional heart flutters accompanied by dizziness and intense feeling of fear. They seem to pass quickly, but I’d rather they didn’t come at all.

David, thanks for book recommendation. Have you ordered it? Let me know what you think.

Emms, good to hear from you too. It sounds like you are back to normal and coping with your busy family life. Are you coping okay?

Chelle, how was your weekend? What you get up to?

Take care all

Steve

hi, thought id look in on you all. the heart flutters you experience steve are the things that got my anxiety levels out of control and i still focus around them, its difficult to take my mind off them. pleased to see your news is so positive lesley. emms and chelle keeping so positive and busy which is good for our battle against our condition. i wonder if kendra is keeping up dated on us all, clearly shes seen off the problems she had early in the year but it would be nice to hear from her as she kept some of us going for so long as did lesley.
    alan.

Hi Alan

I keep in touch with Kendra and she is still on 20mg Cit and doing really well - back on a phase return to work but doing long shifts and think she is nearly there.

Think we use this site more when we are feeling crap! How is the Cit going for you?
    Tbh not getting on well with it been on 10 weeks Thurs and have not felt well - crying all the bloody time on it?? So I will be switching to Ven on 14 July - under shrink's instructions. Really disappointed as have been on 40mg, then 30mg now 20mg - having to start over again! so tiring.

Take care Laura

Hi all!

Well it has been quite interesting here! Huge storms have left about 200000 of is in the city without power since Friday, and another week to get it back on! The governer declared a state of
    Emergency for Ohio! I only can access the Internet at work, otherwise I'm without power in this 39 degree heat! Yuck. Well hardly any anx, so that's positive! I haven't yet ordered the book, because I am without power! I will certainly see if it helps when I do get it!

Steve, I hope the bits of anx are fleeting! I am pleased to hear you are able
    To get thought them well enough though! Have you been running much? I notice
    My anx fairs when I have been slacking on the running and biking.

Well I do have to keep it brief, I am leaving the office now and must conserve my phones battery life! Hope you are all well! Kendra, hope to hear from you soon!

All the best,

David

Quote Originally Posted by LAURA48 View Post
    Hi Alan

I keep in touch with Kendra and she is still on 20mg Cit and doing really well - back on a phase return to work but doing long shifts and think she is nearly there.

Think we use this site more when we are feeling crap! How is the Cit going for you?
    Tbh not getting on well with it been on 10 weeks Thurs and have not felt well - crying all the bloody time on it?? So I will be switching to Ven on 14 July - under shrink's instructions. Really disappointed as have been on 40mg, then 30mg now 20mg - having to start over again! so tiring.

Take care Laura

hello laura, the cit seems to work ok for me. i still get the odd moments of panic and feeling unsteady with my balance plus horrible body sensations though. had 6 weeks on 10mg and have been on 20mg for 10 weeks now. send my love to kendra when next your in contact and thank her for her comments which helped me so much. you seem to be having problems with the meds, laura. the sooner your settled on the correct prescription the better and from there you can get your lifestyle back.
    alan.

Hi Alan - yes when I speak to Kendra will send regards - she is a lovely person and has been really supportive to me - bless her.

She was really ill at the beginning of the year - wasn't she? Just goes to show. Pleased you are getting on ok - they are definitely not suiting me - 10 weeks on Thurs! more crying than smiling!

Take care

Laura

Hi All

I didn’t sleep too well so ended up going to work early…and staying late. Was struggling a bit, probably due to tiredness, but then a director asked me to do something urgently. Not my job, but he trusts me. I was happy to do it, because I like to help out. It distracted me, and I felt much better. Quite pleased with myself, because I sorted the problem too. Ended up doing around 6 hours rather than 5.

I have been struggling a bit recently, and David, I think you’re right; my exercise reigime has been slipping and I’m sure it has negative effect. I went for a run when I got home….so will reap the benefits over next few days. Got very wet, but it wasn’t hard.

Alan, how do you deal with these flutter/ panics that we share? Any tips?

The storms sound crazy! We don’t get anything like them here in UK. They are much more mild here. Having said that, there were recently news reports of golf-ball-size hail in north east. Kendra my have been pummelled by a few! I’m sure it’s destructive and dangerous, but also spectacular.

Laura, sending hugs to you. Hang in there. I don’t think the cit did much for me. It’s not for everyone. If you aren’t doing so already, I suggest you read a good book (not much I know, but it helps settle my mind). Alan’s right, it’s just a matter of stabilising on the right meds and then you can rebuild. Unfortunately there are no short cuts. You will get better though. Yep, please pass on regards to Kendra. I miss her!

Take care all

Steve

Page 87 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread Information