Thread: Gerd diagnosed but no tests?

Gerd diagnosed but no tests?

I Have been told by my go that I have gerd and placed on ppi tablets now for months,recently I have been having real problems with excessive mucus production but doc jus adds more anti acids to my meds an refuses to entertain having a scope or barium done!

I'm really worried that there are some problems in my esophagus that need addressing but don't know how to get it checked! Every morning I wake up with a chocking feeling and have to constantly clear my throat :(

Anyone relate to this and had any tests? Am I been unreasonable wanting a test done?

Mike

Re: Gerd diagnosed but no tests?

Hi Mike. The answer to most of your questions is yes I can relate and the answer to the test one is no you are not being unreasonable.

I was put on ppi's with out tests but gerd is a easy thing to diagnosis with-out tests.
    Test are done to assess the degree of damage done by the gerd (if any).

Right to hopefully get to the bottom of your morning problam (like i have said before i have had that for years) which I get sick to death with (I mean me the hacking and choking browny crap up).

Maybe you have to start ruling things out for yourself. 1, Do you snore heavey (as mouth breathing can cause the phlegm to get thicker and form at the back of the throat.
    2, Dairy products do you have (do you over love the dairy stuff) can cause thick phlegm.
    3, Are you drinking enough water (at least 8 glasses aday) helps to dilute the phlegm.
    4, Do you smoke or hang around with smokers.

And one last thing i always take a bottle of water to bed with me just to sip if i wake at night seems to help.

Hopefully something i have said will help. As i understand if you are anything like me it makes you dread the morning

Chris

Re: Gerd diagnosed but no tests?

Hi yah,
    Referrals are often done according to NICE guidelines.
    http://www.nice.org.uk/usingguidance...l_criteria.jsp

Thread Information