Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One size doesn't fit all !

One size doesn't fit all !

Hi,

I am being told by someone who used to have anxiety that he never had medication, he read a book and was cured, that and he done yoga, he is telling me to stop my meds that I just started after a relapse, he said he can tell by looking at me i am heavily sedated and its making me conscious.

Im going to leave work now, but I struggle to read due to dyslexia and dyspraxia, I am sure this won't work for me but he is making me wait in my office before I go home while he prints it off for me.

How do you tell someone politely to back off and leave you alone as you want to deal with it between you and your doctor.

This is insane, he won't let me leave and I am getting agitated, its going to set off a panic attack and I have to drive home.

Re: One size doesn't fit all !

what cures one doesnt cure all , everyone is different , different problems , its like those that say just pull yourself together , anxiety affects different people at different levels , his anxiety might just be a little flutter for a second or two , not hours upon hours of it , agitation , mind racing , full blown panic attacks etc etc .. you stick to you guns which you feel best suits you and helps you to cope, but thank him for his concerns also

first rule of anxiety is the ability to say no when you mean no , not yes to please others

Oh! I hate these "know it alls". Some people just can't "be told".

If it's causing you anxiety at the moment then I suggest you just smile, nod your head in agreement and then IGNORE him!

Once you're feeling a bit better you can thank him for his "input", it was very interesting blah blah blah but you're going to do it YOUR way.

Good Luck.

How do you tell someone politely to back off and leave you alone as you want to deal with it between you and your doctor.
    That sounds very pushy, making you wait before you can go home, honestly !

I think you say exactly what you have written here ' we are all individuals, what works for one doesn't work for somebody else. I appreciate that you care, and I thank you for your attention and kindness, but I want to deal with this my own way with the advice of my doctor'.

Quote Originally Posted by haz View Post
    If it's causing you anxiety at the moment then I suggest you just smile, nod your head in agreement and then IGNORE him!
    although I agree with that approach and it is what I would do, I feel compelled to politely warn that this might not be good for the drive home, because when I do exactly that, I get SO wound up and uptight and tense that I stop breathing and can't see straight. Or I end up crying so much I can't see anyway! gosh it makes me angry that people treat you like that.

i waited and took the piles of paper he printed, said thanks but i must go and came home. thanks to all of you was just having a bit of a wobble, i didnt feel out of it, i only took half my daily dose of diazepan as well, so I dont know where he got that from. Maybe I am acting a bit odd as my medicines are just kicking back in, who knows, but i got away and im now home with some music on to chill and the dogs on my lap, a much nicer place, cheers to everyone for your encouragement.

I'm sure you're not acting "odd".

Glad you've put it behind you and are nice and relaxed now.

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by littleredhen View Post
    although I agree with that approach and it is what I would do, I feel compelled to politely warn that this might not be good for the drive home, because when I do exactly that, I get SO wound up and uptight and tense that I stop breathing and can't see straight. Or I end up crying so much I can't see anyway! gosh it makes me angry that people treat you like that.
    Yeah, I know what you mean.

Also, can you please tell me how to quote just part of a post (like you just did) and not all?

Thanks.

Keep calm, you wont have a panic attack, you are only thinking you will, think nice thoughts or distract yourself. sing along to music on your drive home, think positive.
    And remember this person is trying to help you. good luck, STAY POSITIVE

cheers, am not to bad this evening, didnt take any more diazepan, and feel a little odd, but i can manage with this.

Quote Originally Posted by haz View Post
    Also, can you please tell me how to quote just part of a post (like you just did) and not all?
    easy! just press the quote button and then when the box appears for you to type in the quote should appear and then you can just delete the bits you don't want to repeat...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information