Thread: Hello. I'm pretty sure I have everything!

Hello. I'm pretty sure I have everything!

General anxiety, social anxiety, health anxiety and depression. Quite a collection!

I'm Rebecca and I'm 23 (well I will be tomorrow).

I've suffered from all of the above for as long as I remember. Some are almost constant and others come in waves but they all tend to blend together anyway if that makes sense. I found myself here in the middle of a particularly bad anxiety episode. I'm at the point were I can't sleep, I'm constantly trembling and feeling terrified of the smallest thing like not waking up on time in the morning.

I'm finding my problems particularly debilitating at the moment. I'm an unemployed graduate. I'm searching for work but I know I won't be able to cope. I keep failing at interviews because my confidence is so low and I get so panicked. I'm actually terrified of entering the work force. I'm interning at a company two days a week and honestly, my boss will say the smallest thing and I have to run to the toilets in tears, it's ridiculous.

I currently take fluoxetine and herbal calms but I've been thinking about Kava Kava. I know it's banned in the UK but quite frankly I'm desperate.

On a lighter note, I'm really happy to have found this forum and to know i'm not alone. I hope to make some friends who understand anxiety.

I do feel a little better for getting some of that off my chest. There is plenty more were that came from.

Hope to get to know you all soon,

Rebecca xxx

Hi Laylora

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Hello. I'm pretty sure I have everything!

Hi Rebecca and a big, warm

I know you'll find lots of people here who share your experiences - I have found it a great help. You had the confidence and ability to go through university so there's no doubt you can find a great job and be really successful - it's just a matter of finding the old you and beating the anxiety. You know you can do it.

Please be very careful with alternative remedies. Substances are banned for a reason and you could make yourself worse not better. Have a chat with your GP if your current meds aren't working - there are alternatives.

Take care and happy birthday for tomorrow!

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

kava kava is banned in UK for simple reason , it was and can result in death.

read

http://www.nt.gov.au/health/healthde...chap1/kava.htm

Welcome Rebecca, hope you find some help and support from all the lovely people here. This site has been a godsend for me and hope the same for you.

I agree with Pip about the alternative meds....be careful...good advice to have a chat with your GP so book that appointment tomorrow!!

Take care & have a good one!! Kitti x

Hello, thanks for the replies, the welcomes and the birthday wishes, I'm feeling really positive about being here.

Yes I do realise the dangers of Kava Kava, I'd speak to my GP..... but I'm frightened of her. Thats a funny one I know, I've not been to see her in a year and she's bugging me to go because of my prescriptions.

Don't worry I will seriously consider my options before taking anything. I did want to get some opinions on the Kava here, so I guess I have my answer. I do have to visit the doctor lest I have my prescriptions stopped, so I guess I'll have to suck it up and thats my chance to talk about alternatives.

I have everything you've wrote up there, I'm so scared to enter the work force. I'm fed up of staying in the house all the time cleaning up because i have nothing better to do.
    I usally run to toliets & cry in them when i feel the pressure. It's my auntie's boyfriends birthday at end of this month & he's having a party at a pub which his daughters will be at & i'm scared if i go i will end up in a state. But then again it's a chance to dress nice & look nice.. Just need to see how it goes when the day is nearer.. & I'm also called Rebecca & 20
    hope to speak soon!

We should be best friends lol

I agree! Lol

Thread Information