Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sertraline Night Sweats - does this side effect get better over time?

Re: Sertraline Night Sweats - does this side effect get better over time?

I have been on Sertraline for 3 months, the night sweats started after about a month, i'm so glad i'm not the only person suffering from this. I find it so disruptive to my sleep and therefore to my life and also to my relationship. However sertraline has worked so well for me that I don't want to stop taking it. So horrible to wake up drenched in sweat every night though.

I am glad I read this section today I am on 150mgs of sertraline been on them for about 4 months now and I get odd nights of sweating thought it might be me but it looks like its the sertraline I was on cita before these and never had night sweats before

Hiya mate...Yes i do my whole bed and pillow gets drenched its horrible like you have had a bucket of water thrown on yer..

Smile Re: Sertraline Night Sweats - does this side effect get better over time?

After about 4 years on Wellbutrin XL for Depression and Alprazolam when I was having anxiety attacks, I started having an increase in anxiety. I did a lot of research and found out that the Wellbutrin works great for Depression (my experience anyway), but that it can CAUSE anxiety.

I ended up talking with my doctor and did a bunch of research on different types of medications that can help both problems and hopefully allowing me to take Alprazolam much less, if not at all. I ended up trying out Sertraline (generic Zoloft).

It has been several months now that I have been on the Sertraline. I started out with 50mg and notices "some" improvement. My doctor and I agreed to up it to 100mg. I stayed on that dose for about 2 months and have had GREAT improvement overall with the Depression and Anxiety. I have hardly had to take any Alprazolam at all.

Somebody else mentioned about there being "blips" of anxiety here and there and I agree that it did happen a couple times, but far less, and I was able to get the anxiety under control pretty quickly just on my own.

To see if I could get "blip free", I met with my doctor the other day and told him that I wanted to try 150mg. I had no problem with that, but told me that if I don't see a huge improvement, I should just go back to 100mg. That was fair, so I agreed.

After about 4 days of being on the 150mg of Sertraline, I woke up this morning just as someone else said, "in a puddle". I thought it was VERY weird, but wasn't really alarmed by it. I thought that maybe I was sick and was running a fever, although I did not feel bad. I just felt wet! In all honesty, I was more worried that I would experience the sexual side effects that I had on Effexor XR in the past. Within 3-4 days of taking the Effexor, I was totally unable to "perform". The Effexor actually seemed to make my anxiety worse as well.

I thought I would do a search this evening to see if the sweating might be a side effect of the higher dose of Sertraline and came right to this forum. It would be nice to have the sweating thing not be a regular occurrence, but it certainly is not that big of a deal to get me to stop taking the medication. I am quite grateful that I chose to switch to Sertraline for my ongoing Depression and Anxiety issues. I say, "Hang in there!", to anyone that is also suffering with these problems and to give Sertraline a chance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information