I've just read this thread with great interest. I don't have agoraphobia, but my future mother in law does. This is going to be a big issue for her as we are getting married in September. She has a very, very small "comfort zone" and these days can't really go to public places at all - other than going for walks outside (they live in a village) she can go for weeks on end without leaving the house at all.

She is already getting very anxious about the wedding, but is very resistant to doing anything about the agoraphobia. She doesn't want to take any medication, she doesn't want to see a therapist and doesn't want to try any sort of treatment for it. So, if she can get as far as the wedding, it will be a total ordeal for her, and of course, if she doesn't get there, she will be overwhelmed with guilt about it. This really distresses me as it is ruining both hers and her husband's lives as he can't go anywhere either. They're in their late 60s but they're in perfectly good health, and I find it so sad that they're going to spend the next 10-20-30 years in this state.