Hi all

I have GAD, dreadful insomnia, mild depression (and query fibromyalgia - doc trying to establish) and was on Paroxetine from 1995 until December 2011. When I hit a stressful period in May 2011 the Paroxetine wasn't working. After 8 months of extreme anxiety and numerous med changes my doc stopped the Paroxetine altogether and put me on Sertraline 50mg which I've now been on since mid December. I'm quite a bit better than I was for the terrible 8 months in 2011 but I'm only getting about 3 hours sleep a night. I get really anxious and shaky if the doc ups my sertraline to 100mg. Taking the 50mg I sometimes get really depressed which I haven't had before and to be honest the anxiety isn't really going away. Don't know if it's my personal circumstances - been off work sick since June 2011 and now work have said my job no longer exists and there isn't any suitable jobs for me - looks like I'm facing dismissal. Also have trouble with work re SSP, getting an SSP1 form to claim benefit. Just going round and round in circles.

Paroxetine made my life so much better and I don't feel like Sertraline is the right drug for me. Has anybody had any success returning to Paroxetine or is it true that it just won't work second time round?

Any advice would be most gratefully received.