Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any success of returning to Paroxetine after a break?

Re: Any success of returning to Paroxetine after a break?

I'm obviously not a psychiatrist but it may be worth halving your seroxat to 5mg for a week just to try to settle things down after your GP's "input" didn't help and added to your agitation. Have you been offered diazepam for a short spell to take alongside the seroxat?

Thanks for your thoughts.
    I have promethazine for night-time.
    Just seen GP - she was shocked at how her colleague didn't wean me off the Seroxat. I am being referred - feel like I need to be somewhere safe where I can be monitored and the meds monitored carefully. Wish I had private health insurance! I often feel a bit better after a cry, but then the anxieties soon come back

I often think that GPs shouldn't be allowed to mess around with psychotropic drugs.. I'm glad you are being referred to your local CMHS because you will be assessed appropriately there. You must feel very distressed and frightened at the moment but things won't always be like this. Please believe this.

I must trust that I will get better.
    In seven weeks, I've gone from having sudden anxiety to coming off paroxetine abruptly to having a panic attack, having withdrawal symptoms, having no sleep and suffering almost from mania and going downhill.
    Just want to be normal again and enjoy doing things with passion and fun. Sick of questioning every thought in my head and feeling unreal ands panicky and not normal in any situation and imagined situation, and tearful and desperate and worrying I'll lose everything.
    Feel like I do need to be monitored carefully. Dread every moment of every day and night

Unrelenting anxiety makes you feel very unreal, disorientated and unsafe. You are not going mad but you are unwell. I hope your referral comes through soon because you do need to have your medication monitored carefully and competently. Switching these meds around haphazardly is a recipe for mental distress and anguish when you have enough symptoms to contend with anyway.

Referral is on Oct 23rd. Four weeks of unmonitored meds (apart from GP).

If you feel unsafe you could always opt to see a private psychiatrist as a one-off. You could get an appointment quickly and would have a full assessment. You could also choose which one to see. Of course financially this may be out of the question but it was only an idea to tide you over.

Yes, it's an option. I wonder if this would conflict with the NHS treatment, though...

You aren't getting any NHS treatment though other than from your GP? If you want to be seen privately before your NHS appointment then I would have thought you had that right. It would be an option to just going back to your GP who probably isn't the best person to give you expert advice.

I'm sleeping better, but most of the day I can feel my heart racing, I feel nauseous and light-headed and can't face any social situation. The Priory can't see me till Oct 11th. So worried I won't improve. GP said today that if I feel I need monitoring, then go to A&E. And said that the Priory will probably change my meds. (not again....) He also said I won't get any NHS in-patient care because there aren't enough beds.
    Feel like I'm running out of options now. CBT can't help that much if I'm feeling so ill to begin with.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information