Thread: effexor and coming off

effexor and coming off

hi all, i know this is little early to talk about comin off yet but just wondered if any one experienced problems coming off this? i am on 2 tabs aday of 37.5, cheers. p.s not to much detail as i dont want to worry just being inqusitive

apriltones

Hiya April,

I've been on anti depressents several times in the past and have had no problems coming off them under the supervision of my doctor.

He reduced my tablets very slowly and it took me about 6 months all told to come off them altogether.

During this time I had no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever but I must stress it is very important to come off them under your doctors direction.

Take care

Kate x

Hi April,

I used to take Effexor and to behonest I only took them for a few months. I had problems coming off them as basically I had to go 'cold turkey' at Xmas time as I ran out of tablets and couldnt get another prescription as GP closed. This caused very scary and unpleasant symptoms but I was ok and I am back to normal now.

My advice to you is to speak to your doctor about it before stopping them as you really MUST taper the tablets off properly to prevent any nasty side affects. If you do this, you will be fine.

Take care

sadie

thanks kate and sadie, im not thinking of coming off yet, doctor told me 6 months to 2 years, i think i gonna stay on till xmas. I feel loads better in lots of ways but not completely recovered. Ive been through this befor but i wondered if i will be fully recoverd by time ive finished on tabs?

apriltones

oooh . Think carefully about coming off at Christmas. It can be a stressful time of year with tensions and lots of rushing about..More people end up needing to get extra help around that time.

You may have a lovely relaxed time with quiet time planned but just bear in mind that when you're out of a usual routine it's easier to fall back into habits and you're going into winter, a difficult time for many to keep bright and cheerful.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

thats true, maybe after then. Thats when all this statrted too,x

apriltones

Thread Information