Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zopiclone

Zopiclone

Hi there, I've not been sleeping that well recently and someone suggested I should try Zopiclone. I was seeing my GP today so after a chat, she prescribed some. I came on this site to see if I could read some user 'reviews' but haven't come across any. Just want to find out how you've got on with these if you've tried them. Thanks.
    "In the end we only regret chances we didnt take, relationships we were scared to have, and decisions we waited to long to make. There comes a time in your life when you realise who matters, who doesn't, who never did, and who always will". - Anon

Re: Zopiclone

my mum takes them and says she has the most lovely sleep with them.....if youre worried,try just taking half
    unfortunately my doc wouldnt give me any....so now im addicted to Nytol instead,lmao!

They're good, very gentle but effective and little residual effects the next day. As with any medication of this type try and use sparingly.

Hi,

What dosage did your GP give you? I used to take 7.5mg but I now take 3.75mg.

They work very well at first but your body does become used to them. I take them about 3-4 nights a week.

If you have the 7.5mg dose then I would also suggest halfing it, they're scored down the middle so easy to do with a sharp knife. You can always take the other half if needed. You may notice a "metallic" taste in your mouth after taking them. I brush my teeth immediately after taking mine and sometimes suck a mint. They can also make your mouth a bit dry, I keep water beside my bed.

I don't get any "hangover" type of symptom the next day either.

Hope you get a good sleep.

Haz.

Hi Sickandtired, Haz and Ingenious, and thanks for your replies. The doc prescribed 7.5mg dose. I plan on just using them two nights a week at the very most - probably a Sunday and a Wednesday - to ensure that I'm getting at least a couple of nights quality sleep. I'll take the full tablet tonight and see how I get on, then I'll prob half each tablet after that.

I really hate the idea of taking more tablets (I'm already taking Citalopram) but after weeks of waking up at 3.30am in the morning and lying awake for ages, hearing the floorboards creaking and thinking someone is in the house, I've had enough!

Sickandtired, I think Nytol do a really good job. I've taken them a few times recently (one night a week) and they've worked well. I thought it was time to bring in the real McCoy now though.
    "In the end we only regret chances we didnt take, relationships we were scared to have, and decisions we waited to long to make. There comes a time in your life when you realise who matters, who doesn't, who never did, and who always will". - Anon

Hi I take zopiclone when my sleep is bad. One 3.75 tablet is enough to get me to sleep. I do not always stay asleep however. They are highly addictive and usually only for short term use. I am on other meds so the knock on effect is enhanced. Also I feel hungover and out of in the morning but relaxed and not wanting to get out of bed!! EJ

I've taken these on and off for a number of years on an as needed basis.

I either halve or quarter a 7.5mg tablet and find that works well for me.

As EJ said, they are highly addictive so try to just use them when you are desperate.

Have you ever considered taking something like Mirtazapine along with the Citalopram? Some doctors prescribe this if sleep is a big issue with an SSRI.

Hope you have a lovely sleep tonight

Belle x

They work really really well for me. I too break them in half and endeavour not to "over-use" them, but when I really need a night's sleep after having missed out for a while they work really well for me.

Having said that a couple pof weeks back my doctor started me on a low dose of Nortryptiline, and I haven;t needed a Zopiclone since as I have been sleeping like a baby.

Hi all, well I took my first 7.5mg dose of Zopliclone last night and expected to be like a zombie with half an hour - I'm glad to say I wasn't. It must be very gentle - or I must be on the ceiling stressed. I went to bed shortly after taking it as I like a few games of Klondike on my Blackberry to make me sleepy first . I certainly did fall asleep a lot quicker than usual though I did still wake in the small hours in the morning which you experience EJ. I didn't stay awake for too long thankfully and I even fell into a nice dream which is great. I don't feel any more tired than usual either this morn and certainly have none of those hangover effects. I was really hoping I would sleep through the 3.30am thing I have going on though.

I need to do a bit more homework on Zopiclon but I'm sure I read that these are usually very safe with regards to addiction and it's rare for someone to get 'hooked' on them. At one point I'm sure Zopiclon was not thought to be addictive at all. Maybe that's been revised as we all know that no matter which drug your taking, you may not get hooked on it physiologically but maybe psychologically?

Belleblue I was prescribed Mirtazapine (on it's own) around 18 months ago, and your right, sleep is great whilst taking it. It did nothing much for my depression though and just wanted to make me eat which resulted in me putting a lot of weight on in a short space of time - thus making me self conscious...and more depressed. It's a minefield trying to get it right.
    Last edited by mizfiesta; 07-03-12 at 08:59. Reason: typo

Hi my physcahtrist told me zopiclone isn't addictive as such its your body that comes reliant on it hence the more you use it the less effective it will be and then you will need more of it to have the same effects xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information