Thread: Worried that headache is a brain tumour

Worried that headache is a brain tumour

Just wondering if anyone else has headaches that are kind of low grade thru the day but then when you lay down at night they become much worse - once I lay down i feel like my head is going to explode and I have a very hard time falling asleep. Last night it took me almost 2 hrs to fall asleep. When I woke up this morning the headache was still there. This has been going on for 5 days now. I have worried about a brain tumour before but it's been a couple of of years - actually the last time that I journaled about it was 10 yrs ago.

What else could cause headaches that get worse at night besides a bt? why would I have a headache for so many days in a row? I don't typically get headaches so this is why I am so alarmed. My husband asked me today what the other symptoms are of a tumour. I told him. He asked me if I had any of these symptoms. I told him that I don't. But i am so worried that all of sudden I am going to slur my speech, or drop something, or feel a numbness somewhere or have a seizure.

The other thing i have had for while is being startled awake by something right when I fall asleep. This can happen 5-6 times before I finally fall asleep for the night. It seems like it is kind of like the brain zaps that people have on Paxil and similar drugs but I am not taking anything.

I do have a few clonazepam on hand and will try to take one of these tonight to see if that helps with falling asleep.

Also, over the counter meds like advil have done nothing for this pain.

any comments would be appreciated.

Re: Worried that headache is a brain tumour

Yes as far as I know some types of migraine gets slightly worse in evening/night time.

But I say yours doesn't sound serious, but a bit bothersome. Usually headaches those alarm a serious issue doesn't let you sleep, or those type of headaches are so severe that you wake up from your sleep a lot. That is what a doctor told me before when I got concerned about my tension headaches for the first time.

Getting all jumpy and startling feeling before sleeping was the start of my panic disorder. I had those so much that my body was refusing to sleep and I wasn't sleeping for 3 days in a row. After the medication they become more and more rare, in the end, now I am experiencing such muscle spasms once in a few months.

Hope you feel well soon.

I have had this jumpiness before sleep for almost 2 yrs now off and on. I used to think it was heart related as I do get palpitations - it was almost a feeling that my heart had stopped and i was jolted awake. More recently though it feels like something in my head.

I have not had trouble staying asleep which is good, only getting to sleep. Last night, I did wake up in the middle of the night but my head felt fine so i don't think it was headache that woke me up but when I woke up this morning the headache was there before I even got out of bed. i wish i could stop this worry.

Going to the doctor at the walk in clinic tomorrow and then my own doctor next wednesday. also, i have a job interview tomorrow which i am a bit nervous about.

Thanks for your comments beyonderz.

Try not to worry too much about it, first focus on your interview tomorrow it's important.

These all are anxiety related things. Headaches come and go, it's OK as long as they are not persistent and disturbingly severe headaches. Even being severe doesn't always mean that it's a dangerous case.
    These things you describe, I experienced almost all of the same and still experiencing when I have panic attacks. Try to remember that if it's something serious, it won't just come and go. Especially for 2 years.

Talk to doctors, they will direct you and tell you what to do. Maybe give you a proper medication so you start feeling better and better day by day.
    Don't ask yourself "why is this happening?" but instead just accept it as a period in your lifetime and know that it is totally treatable.

Good luck tomorrow.

thanks beyonderz. I appreciate your encouragement.

Hi there. This was a big worry for me a while back but I have done a video on brain tumour health anxiety. Hope it helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og9tVzkU8Us

still having the headaches - but on the upside i landed the job that I had the interview for )

Thread Information