Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I am not sure what is going on

Hi Nic
    I recently had a real bad panic attack - like the one you experienced in the shopping mall. This also happened when I felt I was doing so well and was actually beginning to seriously ask myself "Have I beaten it?" I hadn't had any real anxiety or panic for over six months. It was so depressing - so depressing - to realise I wasn't over it yet and was still vulnerable. In the days after it I became irritated with myself and with other people and situations, and worried I was heading for depression. (I do believe that repressing anger is linked to anxiety, and I've never been good with handling those feelings.)And the worry made me anxious, and I became angrier with myself for being pathetic and more worried I was losing it or heading for losing it....God, it's so exhausting sometimes! I'm coming out of it now, weeks later, but the anxiety has returned to be a daily focus whereas before I'd really banished it to the back of the mind.
    But life goes on and we persevere to make the best of it, and I think we're quite good at doing that. So I hope you're soon back to your old self and finding some of that R&R that you deserve.

Jim

Jim,

i'm sorry that this panic attack has knocked you right back to anxiety on a daily basis. The fear of a panic attack had obviously subsided and when it hits it is such a shock (as well as scary and making you feel like crap)

I hope you can get back to the stage you were at before Jim and soon. But I know the anticipation of panic is sometimes worse than the panic itself

Hang on in there

Lucky

Hi Nic I know that this post is way late I,m sorry I really do hope you are feeling better. I have a few weeks ago started taking time out for myself.With your busy life you have made I think you should also take some Nic time where you spend an hour just doing nothing take a bath put some nice relaxing music on and just soak (I like listening to enya she is so good)clear your mind and relax.It helps me anyway.

The amount of work you have taken on is a worry to me,I know you are a loving and careing person.And I know you read every post on this site it must be hard for you not to worry about some of our problems

I am just starting to recover from my depression and it is so hard to stay well.So I hope you feel much better.

I hope I havent said anything wrong WE CARE FOR YOU NIC BRILL

Never give up
    Never give in
    Life,s to short
    Make it last
    Brill

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information