Thread: Do I need to mention this to my GP

Do I need to mention this to my GP

Hi,

I have very mild OCD, I am not sure if it is even classed as OCD as it does not take over my life, just annoys me when I do it. I have two things that I do constantly, I count how many lines it takes to make shapes or words and even imagine a shape and found how many lines it would take, it has to end up with a 0 at the end of the number or I have to look at ways of changing it, or framing the shape in my mind to try and get it to a round number, crumbs this sounds insane, the other thing I do is tap the nail on the finger next to my thumb on to my thumb nail, this has to be done in repartitions of five.

I have general anxiety and take cit and diaz for this, but do I need to worry about these habits as they do seem to be happening more and more, I don't know if I should do something about it and mention it to my GP or if it will pass.

Any advice welcome.

Cheers

Re: Do I need to mention this to my GP

Ask your GP to be referred for therapy.

i tell my gp everything....best to keep them informed good luck

Hey buddy, hope you're well

I have mild OCD. It's definitely there, I first noticed it in my teens, but probably it started long before then (?) What you have is a level above mine I reckon (it's no competition though so you don't get a silver medal while I only get a bronze!)

I think it's probably best to mention it because then they get an overall view of your situation and how different aspects interplay. Different meds, for example, can target a couple of things, so one might be more suitable than another.

It doesn't sound like any sort of priority or anything urgent, but when you next see your GP talk about it I reckon

Thread Information