Thread: breast cancer worry

breast cancer worry

suffered bad health anxiety for few years,was slowly getting over it ,and now I have a lump in my breast and am waiting for a mammogram appointment,i went to the doc end of november and when she examined me she couldnt feel a lump,she said it was breast tissue,i went back to doc in jan ,(diff doc this time) she also said she thought it was breast tissue,its got bit larger now,so went back again thursday,and she was oh its got bigger,then went on about hoping i had bruised it,and she was sending me for mamogram,well i am beside myself,i can hardly cope with anything,cant look at my kids without crying,think am making myself ill by stressing,i dont now what to do ,half the time i jjust wat to shut myself away in the bedroom

Re: breast cancer worry

Hello

I know how you feel hun and its not nice! I went for my 3 yearly mammo 4 weeks ago, got call saying I needed to go back for another one cos xray was blurred??? of course I went into meltdown! but everything was fine, my friend whose only 38 found 2 big lumps in her breast and they said it was breast tissue.....and it was so please try not to worry, I know its difficult but they are sending you for a mammo just to be certain how old are you? Do you go to a gym a lot? why Im asking about the gym is bcos I used to go and lift quite heavy weights, so my r/hand breast got quite "bulky"...I was in my early 40's and they sent me for a mammo for that....again just breast tissue xxxx

im 47 ennd this month,dont go gym nuy i do have a 4 yr old son who am always throwing about lol ,thanks for the reply,got my appoint date this morn too,its 22 march,so another week fretting until that

As we get older we get changes with our boobs which are nothing sinister - so I would try to put the worry aside until you get your mammo done and the results are through.

thx,course I been on dr google and now wish I hadnt,the thing about this lump is its more prominent when i am standing up.(i have quite large boobs),i can feel the lump easily,when i am lying on my back examining myself i can hardly feel it and if i lie on my side and examine my breast i cant feel the lump at all just the breast tissue the doc said about the first time i wennt to the docs

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid View Post
    thx,course I been on dr google and now wish I hadnt,the thing about this lump is its more prominent when i am standing up.(i have quite large boobs),i can feel the lump easily,when i am lying on my back examining myself i can hardly feel it and if i lie on my side and examine my breast i cant feel the lump at all just the breast tissue the doc said about the first time i wennt to the docs
    Hey hon, I have large boobies too and as we get older they tend to get less dense and we become even more aware of the lumps and bumps - for years I have had one that feels lumpy when I am walking around and then cannot feel a thing when I lie down - I had a mammo last August and all was clear

Try to keep calm and good luck with the appointment - my results were posted to me within a week but I think it depends on different health authorities as to how speedy they are.

Macc
    xx

I have obey painful boob when I lean on it.. don't think I have a lump but its so tender to lean on xx

ps. hope ur ok macc .. roll on wed.. it.ll be fine!! <3<3

---------- Post added at 10:16 ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 ----------

a very, that was supposed to say... not obey

Thread Information