Thread: Very poor health

Very poor health

Hiya

I dont post that much now,ive been trying to cope myself,but im not.

I am 28 weeeks pregnant with a much wanted baby

Since around six weeks before i conceived i have had a catalogue of health problems which havnt gone away.

1.I have had intense,hip,pelvic and back pain(just on one side)i had worried it was ovarian cancer,but a scan of my ovaries said it wasnt

2.My hair has been thinning and falling out,to the point my scalp looks very bare and it depresses me so much(the Dr says this is stress or just inexplicable because she took basic bloods at the time)

3.I have strange feelings and pain in my hands and feet,which i am sure is related to the cancer but the Dr said it wasnt and it was psycosomatic!!(if this is the case why have i had it for the past 7 months!)I think its peripheral neuropathy

I am so so worried all the time,i feel really exhausted and unwell and noone seems to be listening to me.I am pretty convinced i have bone cancer as the symptoms all match[V]and my mum died at 50 from this

I see a cpn who is really nice,but it isnt helping me at all

Sorry for going on ,i'm really in so much despair
    Love
    Hunny x

HI Hunny
    So many of those symptoms can be caused by pregnancy

My Sister in law has has problems with her pelvis, back and hip.

Hair can fall out when you are pregnant as well.
    I get the tingling in my hands and feet as well and it can be psycosomatic.
    Its hard isnt it cause you should be enjoying being pregnant.

COuld you get a book by Claire weekes and read? She is really good and there are some good posts on here about her

Hope that helps a bit

Pam x

Hi Hunny, sorry that you are feeling so bad. Hormones can do funny things to the body. i have a fear of losing my hair, brought on by post op hair loss. i saw a trichologist who was able to put my mind at rest and give me some stuff to help. There is a college of Trichologists in London and they can give you info of one in your area. There are lots of reasons why hair falls and thins, I realise how distressing it is for you. My hair is fine now. Another product that I found that was very good is called Aquabiotic Hair and Scalp treatment, it is topical and you put it directly onto your scalp. As you are pregnant you may need to check it out first. It is natural to feel very tired when you are pregnant. i hope that you will feel better soon. PM me if you want to chat.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

hi hunny,

im sorry you are having such a hard time at the moment, pregnancy is a very stressful time and even though you are supposed to enjoy it i think most people find their happiness is overshadowed by lots of worry.

i know you said that you had these symptoms before you conceived, but do you think you are worrying more about these now because you are pregnant? i had terrible pelvic and back pain when i was pregnant, my doctor told me that your bones soften to prepare for birth and as a result you can end up with all sorts of joint and bone pains.

I also know someone whose hair fell out in large patches through stress at work, so it would make sense to me that if you are feeling as anxious as you are, you might find your hair is thinning.

It sounds like you have discussed these concerns with your doctor, and you have had tests done, i know it is difficult to accept that eveything is ok, but really if something was wrong they would have found out.

One of the problems with pregnancy is that it makes you very focused on your own body which is a nightmare for anyone that suffers from anxiety. I found that after i had my babies my health anxiety was put 'on hold' for quite a while as i simply had to have all my attention focussed on someone else the whole time, so i'm sure you will find things a little easier after the birth.

Everything is fine so try not to worry too much, and soon you will have a lovely new little person to worry about! i know its easier said than done.

Take care,
    mag

Hi hunny, sorry you are going through it right now, I hope everything settles down soon for you

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Hi Hunny, yep, am still here mate. Am so happy about your baby!! I do love a baby, now, ......every symptom you describe can and does happen during pregnancy, some people sail through it, others don't (unfortunately). Please try (as hard as it may be) to be re-assured by the professionals, sometimes they get it wrong, BUT not very often. I believe, forgive me for being too forward, that all of this is you due to losing your beloved mum, i was (and am) the same, i lost my mum, every symptom i had was the same as hers? I too, was going to die as she did! That was 18 years ago, and i am still here to tell the tale. If you had bone cancer it would have been detected by now, your mum would want you to enjoy your pregnancy and be very proud of her grandchild. She would not want you to be frightened. Spoil yourself, let anyone around you spoil you and please keep us informed of your fat tummy!!!!! Forgive me if i have offended you. x

I agree with Carlin. Some people bloom in pregnancy but others dont & in all honesty i didnt particularly enjoy being pregnant. I suffered with the pelvic displacia or seperation or whatever its called, cant actually remember the name of it now, it was agony rolling over in bed at night but the midwife said it will go once the babys born, and she was right. Hair thinning another common one.
    Recently, well in the last 6 months or so ive had jabbing pains in the hands and arms and legs. Especially right side, but put it down to anxiety to be honest & i have good and bad days.
    Its damn awful when you feel rotten in pregnancy but once that babies born all that crap will go & you will be so busy with the babby that you will prob find the anxiety will go for a while, although its common to worry about the baby then, i was terrible! lol
    Stay strong. Over half way there now.
    Caz xxxxxxxxxx

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic!

Hiya!!
    ahh hunny!! feel for you chick
    I had similar things after i had my son i convinced my self worse case it was ms and if not fibro
    Turns out i had fibro, so please dont think the worse xx

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

As everyone has said, pregnancy is not all it's cracked up to be (everyone else seems to be blooming and you feel awful!). I didn't enjoy my pregnancies much and was plagued with aches and pains.

Something strange happens with hair during pregnancy - I know, because I am a (part time) beauty therapist and have seen some of my clients for waxing throughout this time, and more often than not, they stop coming as the hair stops growing. If it affects body hair it'll also affect the hair on your head.

I know from my own experience that the ligaments stretch and cause pain. Your body is changing so much to accommodate your growing baby, and if you are anxious you become much more sensitive to pain.

Oedema can cause all sorts of odd feelings in your hands and feet (as well as carpal tunnel syndrome), and the hot weather makes it worse.

Try to look after yourself and get as much relaxation as you can, and hopefully once your baby arrives you will be feeling much better. Anyway, you'll be kept so busy you won't have time to think about how you are feeling!

Take care,
    Caroline
    xx

congrats on the baby,

i know it is hard to accept this is all anxiety but it can mimic so many fatal things that it is hard to cope with

i am suffering my millionth bout of chest pain since my anxiety started 5 years ago and still im going for an ecg tomorrow, keep telling myself my heart wont make it til tomorrow

our minds are powerful things and we are proof of that, but try to enjoy your pregnancy, i have five kids and believe me your in for a rollercoaster ride and its fantastic

jackie

Thread Information