Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: im suffering with my anxiety at the moment

im suffering with my anxiety at the moment

Id be interested in knowing the time of day people are affected?
    Mine is as soon as i wake. Im told its due to whats known as the morning hormone rush...and im told if youre low on seratonin this will be causing the anxiety attacks, as the seratonin is low compared to all the other hormones rushing around...some women are low on seratonin apparantly due to the menopause
    my morning anxiety upsets me for the day, as i cant shake it off, and then worry about it coming back the next morning....
    Thats what i was told why my anxiety appears......what other reasons make it appear?
    This site and the people on it are truly amazing and are helping me with my fears.

Re: im suffering with my anxiety at the moment

I don't have any patterns of when I get it, sometimes its first thing in the morning but other times it creeps up on me later in the day. Hate it, its making me depressed, and angry, tonight I just feel like smashing something up, I'm so fed up of it.

Sorry to hear you are suffering tis-me, hope tomorrow is a better day!

what causes yours. do you know? x

hope you feel better soon too, its horrible isnt it? xx

Anxiety is different for everyone...usually based on unfounded fears... fear to be alone, fear of places, fear of people, fear of health, fear of failure, fear of almost anything you can imagine.... depression is more linked with seratonin levels....
    peri menopause can cause you to be more anxious, like you say hormone levels and estrogen drop...
    What triggers you? do you have panic attacks, or just anxious?

im anxious but it panics me?

what triggers your anxiety though?

I have absolutely no idea.!! i wake up with it.. ive had about 5 attacks in my life that have lasted possibly 2 months at a time...even before i was peri menopausal.
    ive been stressed lately which i think is the cause of it this time maybe
    ps.. the first attack i ever had scared the hell out of me hence was given medication...i weaned myself off it, and recently had another attack, first in over 3 years. so my fear is the fear of the attacks and waiting for them to appear,..horrible
    How about you?

stress can defo be the cause then... need to try some relaxation stuff, or exercise is good for anx... i go on my wii fit everyday... excercise lifts your mood..
    the thing with anx is the more you think about it, the more you try and question why you have it, the more anxious you become!

I believe anxiety was always there in me, it didn't become so apparent until my late teens/early 20's, I then suffered with problems with how to deal with my shyness, and other issues, it gradually just got worse and worse, add to that problems with binge drinking to cover up my GAD and it all became a mess.

Now stopped drinking completely, lost nearly all my so called friends, but its a long story. Right now I am doing things the right way but I feel loneliness every day, and also anger at the past and how things ended up like they did.

are you on any medication?
    Im sure youll make new friends here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information