Thread: any help on getting rid of lightheadedness feeling and forgetting anxiety.

any help on getting rid of lightheadedness feeling and forgetting anxiety.

I have posted before in other forums about the lightheadedness feeling i constantly have especially doing any walking, please read if you havent already and see if you have any advice please that would be most appreachiated. But i just want some tips on how to forget the anxiety so the lightheadedness isnt there. There was this one week where the lightheadedness wasnt there but i was still thinking of it like 'do i feel lightheaded??' ect, but after that week which was 1 year ago, everyday since then i have had the horride sensation and i am etreamly fatigued too.
    Any tips on how to make the lightheadeness go away and also any tips on getting rid of the exhursted feeling? thx. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: any help on getting rid of lightheadedness feeling and forgetting anxiety.

In my experience Lucy there is no quick fix to this. I wish there was.

You are dizzy because you fear being dizzy, you think about it all the time, even when you dont know it, you have become obsessed with it and automatically self check to see if the dizziness is there. The only real way to stop it being there is to no longer care if it is there or not. This doesnt mean just saying to yourself for a few days ''I DONT CARE ANYMORE'' and then getting upset or worried because it is still there. This means being prepared to live with it, forever if necessary, not caring either way.

Getting to that point of no longer caring is a long path, it means doing everything you want to do, dizzy or not. Day after day after week after month until you realise that this is the result of inward self awareness.

You can search and search for the answer, that quick fix, it doesnt exist Im afraid, the answer is inside of you, just waiting for you to break the cycle.x

thank you for the reply. How do you acept it then? Any tips on this lol!! sorry for all the questions but as you know it is the worst thing in the world and i would do anyting to be fee of it. And when you say learn to live with it like it will be there for the rest of your life, do you mean to say that it never goes away?
    Thank you for your time. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by lucy_21 View Post
    thank you for the reply. How do you acept it then? Any tips on this lol!! sorry for all the questions but as you know it is the worst thing in the world and i would do anyting to be fee of it. And when you say learn to live with it like it will be there for the rest of your life, do you mean to say that it never goes away?
    Thank you for your time. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To accept it you firstly have to understand it, there is no way you can even attempt to accept it as anxiety and nothing more sinister until you truly understand and believe that it is there because A, you have tension in your ears-eyes-neck-head and wherever else which makes you dizzy. B, you constantly self check and by self checking you make it always in the forefront of your mind and C, you fear it because you believe its going to harm you.

How many times have you felt dizzy and been frightened you will fall-lose control- die?

How many times when you have been feeling frightened of falling-losing control-dying, have you actually fell, lost control or died? Obviously you have not died lol

You have to weigh up realistically whats going on with this dizziness. Really investigate it, its you who feels like this and its you who at the end of the day has to change your thought process on this.

Have you ever tried to just go with the feeling? I'm guessing you havent, understandably cause it isnt a nice feeling, but how about trying to let go, test the water, at home maybe to start with. You have to work on breaking the fear of this dizziness.

When i said you learn to live with it, forever if need be, i mean that whilst you are still worried about it being there, it will control you, the fear of it will keep you in the cycle. Anxiety-fear-tension-=dizziness= anxiety-fear-tension= dizziness and round we go. The point is if you didnt care either way, it wouldnt actually matter if you had it forever or not.

Imagine if you could hand on heart say '' Yep i feel dizzy as hell BUT im not bothered, i know why, had it a million times before, same old same old, i am going to get on with my day with or without the dizzy head'' ... get to a point where you can say that and MEAN it and slowly but surely that dizziness will go away. The more you stop caring about the dizziness, the more your thoughts will focus outwards on to other things x

Hi
    I had this conversation about dizziness with my gp yesterday and she said its with all the adrenaline, noradrenaline and hormones running through your body and that allthough its a awful feeling it will not harm you and you will not pass out.The funny thing is i feel dizzy on a daily basis and I also do zumba three hours a week and at no time during this three hours am I in the slightest bit dizzy.Makes you think does'nt it.

Us anxiety sufferers are already self aware as you say. So is it going to be more harmful to become mindful in our every day living ? I also have bouts of lightheadedness and vertigo. I don't want to start doing mindful meditation if it'll make me even more aware of how I feel.

Confused.
    Last edited by LittleMissSleepy; 14-03-12 at 11:36. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by stamags View Post
    Hi
    I had this conversation about dizziness with my gp yesterday and she said its with all the adrenaline, noradrenaline and hormones running through your body and that allthough its a awful feeling it will not harm you and you will not pass out.The funny thing is i feel dizzy on a daily basis and I also do zumba three hours a week and at no time during this three hours am I in the slightest bit dizzy.Makes you think does'nt it.
    Yup I felt really really bad all day Monday - dizzy, foggy headed, unstable like I was about to keel over.

Got home feeling really lousy and my wife bullied me into doing an hour of vigerous gardeing - all these feelings completly dissapeared with physical activity.

Hi guys. Saw this post the other day after feeling lightheaded for months on end with severe dizzy spells kicking in. Mindful I found your posts very interesting and this weekend decided to say to myself whenever I conciously thought about the dizziness that I didn't care.

I just told myself it was anxiety and I am not bothered as it doesn't stop me doing what I want and doesn't affect my balance or anything very much either!

I am pleased to say the first days of my trial were as big a success as I could have hoped. Whilst obviously I was still dizzy the feeling was far less severe which was amazing after having these feelings for so long.

Another side effect which I found surprising was that I felt more relaxed than I have in ages and had a very fun weekend with mates. I'm looking forward to continuing this for the coming week and seeing what happens. Not taking anything for granted but I do want to say than you for giving such great advice and saying it so clearly. I'll keep you updated with how I get on.

Distraction..play a game online or on your phone..
    Drink lots of water and tell yourself you are ok..

I play tetris online and distract myself by talking to friends online..works a treat!

good luck x

Thread Information