Thread: Cant take the Sertraline no more!!!

Cant take the Sertraline no more!!!

Given the Sertraline a try for a few weeks and due to horrible side affects which i was hoping were start up affects i have decided to stop them. I know this drug can be good for others but for me all i have experienced is constant diarreah,heightened anxiety,insomnia every night,and feeling nauseaus constantly,and more wind than the heinz baked bean factory lol.

Have now come to the realisation that the only SSRI thats worked for me despite horror stories,controversy,etc is Seroxat. Dont realy want to go back on this drug but have come to the point where i know it works so going to take it. It has never cured me but years on Seroxat i have functioned,worked,etc and often only on 10mg, 20mg at the most.

Doctor told me i can go back on it so will be starting tomorow dont let my experience with Sertraline put anyone off taking this drug because for some it can work wonders but just dont feel its for me.

Re: Cant take the Sertraline no more!!!

Hi Karl

You know your own body - how long in total had you been on it and at what dose? I was hoping to up it at the weekend but still have anxiety but I know from experience this is what happens when you start them -Prozac first time round the anxiety was much worse but it did go - but good luck with your Seroxat - keep me up to date - mate!

Take care Laura

Thanks Laura dont want to go back on seroxat but i know it helps me i done basicaly three weeks on sertraline and literaly havent slept did you have insomnia mate ???

---------- Post added at 10:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 ----------

Sorry Laura 20 days at 50mg Sertraline hope they help you mate

Hi Karl - tbh haven't noticed much in the lack of sleep - do wake earlier and sometimes stomach churning but still have the anxiety.

I am on day 11, I think, not so tearful - like I was before - think we all want to feel well NOW!

Good luck with Seroxat - hope you get on better with that one.

Laura

When did you stop taking the Sertraline? I ask because if it was within the last few days I was just a bit worried about taking another antidepressant again so soon but if the doctor says it's fine sounds like it's fine.

Honestly if you've been having such horrible symptoms like insomnia for that long I would have suggested you stop it anyway, I know well enough antidepressants can be rough at the start but some things are too much!

thankyou rock chick i took them for three weeks doctor told me to stop them for two days and start back on seroxat i tried but they realy didnt agree with me to be honest x

Maybe your dose was too high,?

Thread Information