Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: floaty bit in wee :(

floaty bit in wee :(

i usually have tiny floaty bit in my wee more noticable if i havent drunk much... but i just went loo and i test my wee with a dipstick almost every time so i collect a bit with a sample container (mega OCD with my HA im afraid) and i looked in it and there was a large floaty bit in there.. and with trace white cells... now i freaking out to what it was :(
    I test my wee several times a day normally all normal except microscopic trace blood (one or two green dots)

Now im freaking out :(

Re: floaty bit in wee :(

Hun, i think you need to stop testing your wee, its going to make your HA even worse.

Pearl

The first step to your recovery is to chuck away those dipsticks - you do not need them!

Everyone gets funny little floaty bits from time to time in the bottom of the loo - it may not even be from your wee - it could have been there before and was only visible once you weed on it!!!!!

Those floaty bits are perfectly normal, I get them too. They're either little protein deposits or small amounts of vaginal discharge. Don't worry if there was something wrong you would have a significant amount of blood or else abnormally dark urine.

so a few tiny green spots on my dipstick isnt cause for concern? x

Not a cause for concern, no! Could mean a slight urinary tract infection, which girls are very prone to getting, but unless you get pain or noticable blood in the urine then you're ok. I'm no doctor but I'm a biochem student and I've used dipsticks in the lab, even trace amounts of glucose (which show up occasionally in everyone's urine) can cause green dots.

its been on goin for a year... Always a trace.. don't understand why my doc isn't worried cuz I also get constant low back ache... I've been to lots of docs who arnt concerned. but if any is found in my next urine sample sent to lab they will do a camera in my bladder...
    why am I so concerned and no one else is..
    also Michelle.. does glucose cause the blood square to get green dots or green dots on the glucose square xxxx

The glucose would cause green spots on the glucose square but remember that these things aren't always accurate, particularly if they're not carried out in a lab environment. Although red blood cells are generally too large to pass through the walls of the filtering centre in the kidneys, they can certainly occasionally pass through in trace amounts that would only be detected in biochemical tests and are nothing to be concerned about. The lower back ache could be from stress, as the kidneys are located more towards the middle back, at the sides. If you experience stabs of pain then it could be an infection and I would ask your doctor to get the camera done, just to reassure you if anything! I know its scary and you can feel really lonely when no one understands why you are so concerned but try not to worry about this one x

why am i getting white cells in my wee

I have high white cells in my wee stick.. only every now and again.. and tiny spots of bloods.
    my question is why have I got them... I'm frightened I have a tumor somewhere in my urinary tract... blood cells white cells...
    not all the Time which I think is confusing
    sorry to go on about it
    I'm just so scared
    pearl x

Hi Pearl, have merged this with your previous post on the same subject from yesterday. In future, please do not start a new thread on the same subject, just add questions to the previous one

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information