Thread: Worried about heart failure

Worried about heart failure

Hello,

Im 18 years old and have just been diagnosed with anxiety. But all these symptoms im getting because of the anxiety also matches the ones with heart failure about from swelling in the legs and belly and shortness of breath. Iv had this annoying cough for 3 months now along with palpitations and some stabbing pains in my chest every now and then even thought im not worrying or thinking about my heart or chest. im just so scared of dying:(

Re: Worried about heart failure

i dont think ur having heart faliure... anxiety is a awful thing it makes you feel and think things you dont want to xxx your ok

Hi Bradguin
    I can relate as this is my current concern too. I have a chronic cough and strange sensations in my chest, especially when I breath in, so I know how worrying this can be. However, as you said, you have just been diagnosed with anxiety (presumably by a Dr), so they would have listened to your concerns regarding HF and obviously they don't think you have this. Did you mention your worries about the swelling in your legs? What did the doc say?

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

By the way, the average age of diagnosis for heart failure is 76, so I really don't think you have this

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin73 View Post
    Hi Bradguin
    I can relate as this is my current concern too. I have a chronic cough and strange sensations in my chest, especially when I breath in, so I know how worrying this can be. However, as you said, you have just been diagnosed with anxiety (presumably by a Dr), so they would have listened to your concerns regarding HF and obviously they don't think you have this. Did you mention your worries about the swelling in your legs? What did the doc say?

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

By the way, the average age of diagnosis for heart failure is 76, so I really don't think you have this
    I told him I was Worried about having HF i didnt mention being scared about getting swollen legs or anything. All he said was hes 99.9% sure I dont have HF....he told me im too young and im in a fit healthy condition and that my lungs and heart sound 'clear as a bell'
    Last edited by Bradguin121; 14-03-12 at 18:25. Reason: typo

Well, if the Dr told you that you're in a fit and healthy condition, then that is great. they would have been able to tell from listening to your chest if there was anything to indicate that something was wrong with your heart. Scary though the symptoms are, it definately fits with anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin73 View Post
    Well, if the Dr told you that you're in a fit and healthy condition, then that is great. they would have been able to tell from listening to your chest if there was anything to indicate that something was wrong with your heart. Scary though the symptoms are, it definately fits with anxiety.
    The chronic cough worries me the most because it isnt one of the most common symptoms of anxiety :/

Thread Information