Thread: Woke up with a panic attack :(

Woke up with a panic attack :(

I've just woken up with a big panic attack and its scared the life out of me ! I feel like crying as I haven't had one in weeks and was doing so good with them. My anxiety was high today so am wondering if thats whats caused it. I absolutly hate them and I feel scared now. I'm trying so hard to beat this without going on anything but I'm seriously thnking I might have to to get me through ! I can't see a light in my tunnel yet . Sorry for the waffle xx

Re: Woke up with a panic attack :(

Hi Pauline
    Bless you I hope you are ok I often wake like
    This and it's so frightening keep saying to yourself you
    Will be ok and it's just a feeling that will pass if you are in bed
    get up and read or do somthing go downstairs and find somthing to
    do it helps me when I feel the same as you do
    Hope this helps
    Manda

Firstly
    Are you having therapy? Maybe wait just for now to see if tomorrow is better, as you said today was gonna be stressful so it's possible if you've had it under control quite a bit until today it might be more of a 1 off.

If you're gonna go down the tranquilizer route just be careful you keep it short term and/or for when you really need them, not trying to be a know it all, I speak as someone whose become addicted to them and at 1 point was taking a scary amount (true I am still addicted but at the same time I do feel I need them for my anxiety issues not stemming from taking them, like a catch 22).

Thank you both for replying, I did manage to get back asleep about 2.30am which is good for me as usually I get anxiety after a panic attack and can't slepp, though I was up as 6.30 for kids and I've done all the bits I needed to do so i'm going to have a sleep before school hometime and work.

I'm not havinh therapy yet, waiting for it to come through and I don't take any tranquilizers and I don't want to although I've been prescribed stemitil for anxiety and these seem to work when I'm going through a rough patch. It was anti depressents I was thinking of going on. My Dr thinks its a good idea as its abvious I'm depressed but I'm just scared of the side effects whilst going on them . Thanks again xx

It seems most of the time the side effects of anti depressants are relatively minor and generally go away so it's generally worth it but I do understand your worries. I'd be freaked out to need to change mine and worry about going through all that stuff all over again, with health anxiety I tend to overreact these days to side effects so I prefer to avoid them when possible.

Thread Information