Thread: Read a story in a mag now I'm obbsessing about it!

Read a story in a mag now I'm obbsessing about it!

got over my latest obbession of thinking I didn't love my daughter when I completley did!!! Then I kept thinking of a story I read years ago about a man who didn't believe his baby was his and it got swapped in the hospital..

Now I keep getting intrusive thoughts like 'what if she isn't mine, what if she got swapped' what is ridicolous and I know it is but my OCD keeps going 'what if it did happen' then I'm thinking how am I going to get past this one DNA test? LOL then I look at photos and check its her and do self reassurance

Ocd makes me laugh sometimes but it's no fun! I'd be ashamed if she ever found out about my obbsessions I have now! x

Re: Read a story in a mag now I'm obbsessing about it!

aw katie,

you say its "ridicolous" and know it is, but it doesnt stop it does it- ugh ocd :(I dont have any advice hun, except i hope you feel better soon. I suffer with intrusive, catastrophising thoughts.....i know how horrible it is. sending you lots of love.
    p.s dont be ashamed.....i would say its only because you love her soooo much that she is justa focus within your obsessions x x x

Wink Re: Read a story in a mag now I'm obbsessing about it!

Dear Katie - you know it and I know it - this is OCD anxiety playing its tricks again.

I suggest reading Brain Lock by Dr J Schwartz - great CBT technique that DOES work. I have been doing this a few weeks and its bloody hard work at first but does make a massive difference. You can read a quick guide on this link but the book is best as it goes into much more depth.

http://hope4ocd.com/foursteps.php

Good luck and remember you are not your thoughts or feelings. Your mind is not you. They are just thoughts - you dont need to accept everything your mind tells you as truth.

Re: Read a story in a mag now I'm obbsessing about it!

Hi, I have ocd :( and I had the same obsession that I didn't love my daughter! when I so did, there the air I breath. But that stopped thankgod as I didn't pay attention.. I had my 2nd baby girl 8 weeks ago, she turnt 3 weeks and I had a obession that my daughters wernt mine(like my brain was telling me I didn't give birth to both Of them) I was a total mess and really did believe them, then I'd be like 'no, I did give birth I can remeber' then my brain was making me feel like I imagined it! ..then my stupid brain was telling me that my daugthers wernt the farthers and that I'd cheated when I'd never do such thing! Arghhh I hate it so much! My ocd have calm down a lot now, I think it was partly my hormones/anxiety/ocd mixing -.- hope your ok now, try keeping busy and don't react to the thoughts, harder done than said I know lol x

Thread Information