Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi, i need your help.

Yes Victoria- meditation is really helpful, i liked what you said..and to N - I relate to what you are going through, I never found any pill that could `fix' me, and they all indeed made me feel worse, or if one did work, it worked too well to the point where i became very spaced out and stop caring about everything except the drug and just wanting to prolong the feeling...and i believe that the reason why i never found anything that worked for me is because i never verbalised the core of my issues...i let them only see the surface layers, more the symptoms of the problem, rather than what is underneath them...and for that your mind makes you pay...because you are essetially placing a band-aid on an infected wound which needs an antibiotic to heal...i still believe that there is a definite place for antidepressants and anxiolytics, but if it is used to replace talking, and keeps you bottled up, then you have to really weigh it up...also, even if it is only one person who you can really talk to and bare your soul to, and know that they are there for you unconditionally, that's all you need...i believe Nicola sums it up very well somewhere in this site...and it was beautifully expressed...

Hi N206

Brings back some memories for me, cos your situation was like mine when I first started to have anxitey attacks. I spent most of my time in the house in bed with my Mum looking after me - god knows what would of happened if she hadn't been there! Hang on in there, you will get through it,and you'll probably be alot stronger for it too!

Take Care

Ish

Hi N

How did the hypotherapy going. How are you doing generally. We all know how you feel.

Take care
    Jules

hi everyone!
    not been hypnotised yet! the lady came to my house and we talked about what was going to happen,and how she can help me. im going on thursday. im a bit nervous.but she is really confident she can turn me around,and make me better!
    ive not been too bad since tuesday.. the panic attacks have been very infrequent and ive been eating alot better too. Still not ventured to far,but i dont want to push it. i feel like ive got a little bit of control now..whereas 2 weeks ago i was just panicking because i was awake!
    Lets see what thursday brings! i think the sunshines helping too.. get out in the garden and get some natural seratonin
    N x

Your stronger than you'll ever know,you control your own world.

heey "n" mmm i tried hypnotism ,,this was at the height of my anxiety he came to my home cause i couldnt get there and he said i was too anxious to be hypnotised ,,and he did the E,F,T, with me that certainatly did help initially and now i feel as thou i dont want to try hypnotism ,,although so many people have said it has turned there world round for the better ,,i mean if these guys can stop you smoking which is a physical dependancy and more addictive than heroin then surely they can stop panic and anxiety???good luck for thursday mate ok you will have to let us know how it goes ok,,,P.S boy does the sun help gives you a real lift ,,chin up "N"xxxdarrenxx

""HAPPINESS IS ALWAYS THERE UNDERNEATH THE ANGER AND DESPAIR""

Hello there!!

Welcome to the site! I'm pretty new here as well and it has made me feel better so I'm sure it will do the same for you.
    I have been suffering from panic attacks for under a year and am on Cipralex. At first, I wasn't keen about taking medication either but then realised that I didn't really have much choice as there was no way I could cope without it. It's not nice having to depend on medication but most people who are on it don't realise how much it is helping them. I know that I couldn't go wothout it at the moment!! There's nothing wrong with needing to be on meds; some people are on it for life and that's ok if it makes them be happier. Maybe going back on it would be the best thing for you for a while and when you feel ready you could slowly start to come off it.
    Most people log into the chat room at 9pm so join us there sometime!!
    Take care.
    Sarah (seh1980)

hello and welcome to the site, its wonderful, you will meet so many lovely people x have you had your hypnothreapy yet? when i first got the horrible panics i went it was really wierd but im sure it helped me,i hope it goes well for you too take care love from mary x

hiya
    well i made it to the hypnotherapists!
    was a bit worked up when i got there.. but she made me relaxed and comfortable. i went with an open mind that i had nothing to loose.
    It all went well and an hour later i left thinking about weather it had done anything.
    today ive been shopping!!!! 1st time ive gone out on my own in ages!maybe its working. going again next week.. so il keep you posted!
    n x

Your stronger than you'll ever know,you control your own world.

Hi there

Great news!!!! youve been shopping alone?? I bet you feel great about it dont you?
    Im so pleased for you. Are you going to go to the hypnotherapists again?
    keep up the good work and keep us posted on how you are doing..we love to hear good news

love sarah
    xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information