Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else feel worse in the mornings?

Anyone else feel worse in the mornings?

My anxiety seems to be alot worse in the morning. I'm fine for the first few minutes when I open my eyes then that horrible feeling comes, You know that sort of spacey feeling, and its almost like your just waiting for something to send you into a panic attack. As the day goes on I get better and now in the evening I feel great, its just the mornings.

Odd thing is I used to be such a morning person, I got up with a smile on my face even on the coldest darkest winter mornings and as evening approaced I got a bit grouchy, now Im the opposite

Oh yes davey boy! It is quite comon, lots of people feel worse in the mornings. I can relate to what you say, for a moment I feel fine then, anxious thoughts come and wham! As the day goes i get better.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

me too mornings are always the worst time for me,

anx

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

Me too.

When you wake up, are you able to get up straightaway before the rot sets in?

I am not able to do this, but can usually get up on waking if I have a really special day planned.

I'm usually so much out of energy!

Ray
    http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

I'm the opposite - I'm always worse at night. I can't make my mind up whether it's because I'm worn out by that time, and my defences are at their lowest, or if it's because it all centres around there being "no escape" and it's harder to find a bolt hole in the storm in the early hours of the morning. I think maybe a bit of both, as that might account for the people who are worst in the morning as well (when you still have that groggy feeling which makes your defences low).

Leah.

--- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

This happens to me too. I wake up feeling quite normal but within a couple of minutes it's like a wave washes over me and a dread of what's going to happen or not happen through the day washes over me. Laying in bed makes me feel worse so i get uo and shower as soon as possible even if no one else is up, get the day started and that tends to push the feelings into the back ground. Recently i've tried to think more positive thoughts when i wake up and not focus on the bad thoughts or the feeling of dread. This has helped too.

Take care

May

The brightest, sunniest day may follow the darkest, stormiest night ... enjoy the sun

Hi,

I am so not a morning person, it takes me hours to sort my head out in the morning. When i wake up first thing i'm fine and then 2 seconds later it hits me, anxiety and panic. Great another day!!! No-one dares talks to me in the morning, unfortunatley my other half is chirpy as anything in the morning, but all he gets is dirty looks!!!

I'm an owl, i'm at my best at night, hence the fact i'm on here.

Take care.

Marie XXX

I find my anxieties/worries kick off as soon as I open my eyes but I sometimes find this works in a positive way for me as I also get my gut feelings too (if I'm in a quandry about something or have to make a decision). So I always know that the morning will be the time to make that decision.

Yes me too. Exactly the same - I wake up all warm and cosy and feel fine for just a moment. And then................ there it is - I get up straight away and get busy but it does take till about dinnertime to feel a bit better. Also better by the evening.

Therapist suggested thinking of something positive to do as you wake - think about it as soon as you wake - going to give that a go see what happens.

Good luck my friend

Janie xxxxx

morning i hate them now to i alwas feel anxiouse with in minutes of wakeing up like you as day goes on i unwind there is odd times it takes me all day and as night time come i uslay feel good i hate it when its time to go to bed as i no the good feelin will be gone when i get up why i dont no i try to go to sleep calm and relaxed thinking it will help when i wake up but it never does bye for now trish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information