Thread: meeting with the bosses

meeting with the bosses

I was wondering does anybody get anxiety symptooms when they are with somebody who maybe more powerfull than them. When I meet some people at my work, usually the people who are very intelligent and powerfull. I tend to get a bit anxious and feel like im spinning out. I feel my speach can get a bit mumbo jumbo and confussed. My anxiety is virtually gone now apart from a few blips and this tends to be the worst time. My bosses are all lovely people, non-judgemental etc. But I just seem to lose my confidence when Im with them and then i start thinking about my thoughts and not really taking much notice if Im honest. I do try dont get me wrong but those thoughts of spinning out, breathing etc creep in. Today after having a really nice lunch with them we went back to work and had some moving about of stuff to do, I felt like I was going to faint and spinning out, my hands were shaking so much. I made a cup of tea to calm down a bit and sat in the office, I began to feel a bit better. It put me out really for the rest of the day. Has anyone else experienced this?? I was wondering wether me eating chocolate actually helped or was it the fact I was doing something I enjoyed and could relax.

I was the same when i was a P.A. for two gentlemen i used to get the most uncomfortable feelings. I would go make a coffee or i used to go to the toilet to calm myself down. I think the key is to do something to take your mind off the bad feelings and try to think more positive about yourself as a person. I suffer terrible from panic attacks and general anxiety but i dont think im less of a person than anyone. I probally did at first but after 6 years of suffering im used to it. If people only knew how difficult it was to get through a single day with anxiety they would think we were all heroes.
    So Kimmy pat yourself on the back and say well done because you are a hero!!!!

love Carol x

awww thank you so much

Thread Information