Thread: Sore lymph node

Sore lymph node

I have this lymph node on the back of my neck and its usually really good and stays down.
    I had it for years and that is what my doctor said that it is a lymph node.

This weekend its been quite raised and soreish. Its really bothering me, I dont know if its just a sign of being run down or not but I felt really tired today and feelin not quite right and have a bit of a sore throat.

Does anyone have any ideas of what to do about it? I really cant afford and dont have the time to go to the doctor this week.

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

ok I just googled it and now Im really scared.
    I remember the doctor doing blood tests on it ages ago and was all fine.
    Why would it swell up NOW then.

Re: Sore lymph node

Hi
    Probably you have a viral infection. Lymph nodes can get a bit sore when you have an infection.
    It will probably go down in a few weeks.
    Don't Google!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

B

Thanks Beauty
    I dont remember anything serious about my blood test results that I had ages ago.
    I am going to ring the doctors office this morning and speak to a nurse and tell her about it and ask what my blood test results were.
    If anything I might make an appt with my doctor later on in the week just in case it doesnt go away.

I have tonsilitis and my lymph node is swollen because of it because that happens apparently according to the doctor.

I am soooooooo relieved

Swollen lymph nodes are a sign that something is wrong somewhere in your body. When your lymph nodes first swell, you might notice:

• Tender and painful lymph nodes
    • Swollen lymph nodes that may be the size of a pea or kidney bean, or even larger

Just for future reference, if it comes up pretty quickly and is sore, then it is pretty certain there is nothing wrong with it but rather it is reacting to an infection or something. The ones on my neck always come up when I have a pimple nearby.

yeah it came up in the weekend, Sunday was feeling really funny like weak and tired and just a feeling of unwell. Then felt better after an energy drink. I had a sore throat though so thought I was run down with my lymph node flared up and sore.
    Monday went to see the doctor and she said she noticed some mild tonsilitis and my lymph node is swollen to try and fight the infection. Said it should go away on its on but if it doesnt to come back for antibiotics.

My lymph node kind of goes down then comes back again and it annoys me because there is slight pain around that area and its a little painful. My sore throat is still there but I am trying my hardest to nurse it back to health. I dont want to go back to the doctor. I have also been very busy study wise and cant afford any time out to go to the doctor.

Thread Information