Thread: Worried Sick About My Daughter

Worried Sick About My Daughter

I know I shouldnt have done it but I have been on Google again. My daughter had a chest infection about a month ago and I was fine with that but has been coughing, bunged up nose, etc since - like all of us actually, we have all had a cold that keeps coming back! I started to worry about her when she said her legs were aching and her back hurt (she had fallen down some steps a few days before and banged her back) but then we noticed on Friday what we thought was an insect bite on her chest. It started at two dark red spots with inflammation around it, it has now dried up but I can see three round marks along with some more on her back and shoulder, she has a bit of a lump in one armpit as well. Looks a bit like Chicken Pox but she had that when she was tiny, I Googled the symptoms and it points to shingles - including the achy legs and node in armpit. Problem is I am now wondering WHY she would have shingles as it says its not common in healthy children - it mentions compromised immune systems and I am now terrified she has something awful.

Re: Worried Sick About My Daughter

Try ringing NHS direct for their advice 08454647

Joy

Hi,

How old is your daughter?
    One of my colleagues had it. He is in his late 20s.
    He got fine.
    Think he has a pretty good immunity.
    Please talk to NHS to take it up from there.

I think I will call NHS direct and take her to Drs in morning anyway. She's only 7 and had Chicken Pox when she was 18 months old, it does say that a child is more likely to get shingles if they had it when they were under 1 so thats not far off really.

Hi,

Hows it going with the little one?
    Is she all right?

take care.

I took her to the Drs and it's def shingles, he didnt seem concerned, said there were no glands up and she doesnt seem to be anaemic. I think I am ok with that but there's still a nagging doubt at the back of my mind as usual. She is fine in herself, jumping around and eating well but I am doing my usual watching her all the time for the slightest sign!! I just wish that I could calm down. I was on Citalopram for 9 months last year and came off them 6 months ago, I am wondering if I came off them too early.

Thanks for asking by the way x

Poor thing, Shingles can make you feel so very ill. Funnily enough my sister has it at the moment (she is in her 30s) and it took her a couple of days to put together all the symptoms and discover what she had. I hope she feels better soon !

Thread Information