Thread: starting today

starting today

Went to the doctors today as my panic attacks are out of control and i feel anxious all the time. I've had these before about 7 years ago, and they made me feel funny. I been given 10mg i don't think that will actually do anything, and plus before i have a panic attack it builds up and that can last for hours, so do i take it then ? Also a bit freaked out about slow your heart rate again due to my anxiety problems.

She didn't want to give me anything else because they don't solve the problem and gave me a number to phone up and get help, but i tried to explain i can't go to anything due to having a 2 year old.

So are these worth it ? should i go back and ask for something else ?

Re: starting today

Hi, well don't worry about your heart slowing down, that's what is supposed to happen, it just brings it back down to a 'normal' manageable level, so instead of rocketting away it settles down into a nice regular 'average' pulse rate. That will make you feel better in itself, believe me! 10mg is a very low dose, i'm on 80, but have been on 120mg. Please don't be afraid to try, they can really help with the physical symptoms, and if your body is feeling better, your mind may well follow! Good luck xx

I would consider seeing another doctor. 40mg daiily up to 120mg is the normal dose.

I'm not sure how useful propranolol will be anyway. Have you discussed going down the SSRI route?

Hi there,

Beta blockers worked a treat for me and really helped the pounding heart, shaking and knotted stomach feeling. My advice is to trust your GP and see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, go back and discuss with her again.

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi thank guy i can't take them now anyway, you aren't allow them on low blood pressure and i always have low blood pressure.

She didn't want to give me anything else as she said tablets don't work and u need to see someone to figure out the problem but i tried to explain to her i can't do that what with 3 children i don't have anyone to look after the kids. But she didn't listen.

I was put on prozac in july but they made me spaced out, dizzy i was really worse off on them, i even ended up taking such a huge panic attack i collapsed, so i stopped taking them.

Sorry if i seem a bit werid about it just can't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiowl View Post
    Hi thank guy i can't take them now anyway, you aren't allow them on low blood pressure and i always have low blood pressure.

She didn't want to give me anything else as she said tablets don't work and u need to see someone to figure out the problem but i tried to explain to her i can't do that what with 3 children i don't have anyone to look after the kids. But she didn't listen.

I was put on prozac in july but they made me spaced out, dizzy i was really worse off on them, i even ended up taking such a huge panic attack i collapsed, so i stopped taking them.

Sorry if i seem a bit werid about it just can't help it.
    Plenty of other medications you can try. Prozac made me feel suicidal and agressive etc..

I would def see another a doctor. What she said is complete rubbish.

Hi All

I've just joined this forum so not really sure what I'm doing?!

I've had anxiety probably all my life (as a kid I used to freak out if I wasn't asleep by 9pm! - and couldn't sleep if I wasn't, and was really obsessed when I had exams etc) But it only got really bad the last couple of years.

Long story short I recently got put on Zoloft, but only took them for a week because I was already experiencing some pretty horrid side effects (the ones that don't go away after a couple of weeks) despite the fact they seemed to be helping me. To avoid weight gain & sexual problems, they prescribed me with Propranolol sustained release instead...this was 2 days ago & I've already rung the doctors once as I'm so anxious about putting on weight and apparently Propranolol can make you gain?! Yesterday I was still quite anxious..However, I woke up this morning and my anxiety is out of control. The doctors allowed me to stop the Zoloft in place of the propranolol as they thought that would take the edge off any small withdrawal i'd get after such a short time.

I'm so confused now as I thought Propranolol sustained release was supposed to work straight away, but I feel worse than ever now?! Will it take a few days to kick in?

HELP!

Thread Information