Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'mr panic' is back =(

'mr panic' is back =(

hi i posted yesterday about how good ive been doing this past week. having just a few panic attacks... just when i thought i was improving 'MR PANIC' decided to make an appearance. this is sooooo horrible, ive been in and out of panic attacks from around midday. Had to cancel my cbt appointment because i was too scared 2 leave my flat... i did not want this to happen because ive been feeling really positive about my cbt. i feel that now ive spoke too soon about getting better and feeling positive..... so 'MR PANIC' thought he would get his own back and give me a real bad day. whats going on???? I HATE MY MIND AND MY STUPID ANXIETY..... I JUST WISH THIS WOULD GO AWAY

Re: 'mr panic' is back =(

Aw, what a horrible day. I hope tomorrow is brighter for you. Like you said, you have been doing better, so maybe this is just a one day set back.

Quote Originally Posted by lizerie View Post
    Aw, what a horrible day. I hope tomorrow is brighter for you. Like you said, you have been doing better, so maybe this is just a one day set back.
    Thankyou for the reply. i hope and pray that this is just a one day set back..... i couldnt bare another day like today. x

You need to remember you have an attack and THEN you panic...
    you cant stop an attack , but you can choose not to panic...
    I havent panicked in years, i get attacks, i just dont panic anymore....
    When an attack arises, (heart starts racing, dizzy etc)... dont pay any thoughts to it, its the oh my god here we go, and what if i lose it, what if i pass out, what if what if what if..... thats whats starts up the adrenaline, leading to full panic...without fuel (adrenaline) you cannot panic..... so when i get an attack, i just say yeah whatever, not interested,, and it dies off......

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsky View Post
    You need to remember you have an attack and THEN you panic...
    you cant stop an attack , but you can choose not to panic...
    I havent panicked in years, i get attacks, i just dont panic anymore....
    When an attack arises, (heart starts racing, dizzy etc)... dont pay any thoughts to it, its the oh my god here we go, and what if i lose it, what if i pass out, what if what if what if..... thats whats starts up the adrenaline, leading to full panic...without fuel (adrenaline) you cannot panic..... so when i get an attack, i just say yeah whatever, not interested,, and it dies off......
    i completely understand that, as ive done it.... today its been impossible to shake off the feelings and not panic about it. i always try to take each day as it comes, and have been doing really well the past week. it all started when i felt dizziness and then turned into depersonalisation.... and that for me is terrifying (always has been). ive rang my mum up asking for her to take me to hospital because i dont feel 'NORMAL' thinking i was going insane or getting psychosis. im just hoping i wake up tomorrow with the same attitude as i had yesterday... i feel completely drained after today. thankyou for taking the time to reply xx

Depersonalisation is horrid, i remember it well,, still get an odd flash of it now and again, but quickly distract myself onto something else....
    Sleep well, and try to keep up your positive thinking!

Hi Lee I think it will take time , and tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start.

Good luck for tomorrow, you can do say positive

x

Hi Lee keep thinking positive hopefully it was just a bad day and today is a better day for you i had a couple of bad days last week its so horrible just stay strong you have been doing really well try not to let it get you down x

Lee, how are you feeling today? Hopefully better!

hi everyone im feeling alot better today, haven't yet had a panic episode. so im just going to carry on with my positive thinking and keep myself distracted today learning some new stuff on my guitar. thankyou all sooooo much for the encouragement its massively reassuring 4 me and as always im going to soldier on and just focus on my cbt again.... once again thanks to you all xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information