Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'mr panic' is back =(

Re: 'mr panic' is back =(

Hi Lee,

I hope that you're feeling well today. My anxiety suddenly made a reappearance yesterday evening, after a break of four years, and as with yours, it is the depersonalisation which I find terrifying too. I often think that I could deal with the panic attacks really well its just that which makes me feel worse. I guess what I'm trying to remind myself of is that the depersonalisation takes over when our brain tells us there's too much going on. It's supposed to be a way of protecting us from the anxiety (even though it feels nothing like that).

I hope that really soon you begin to positive again. You were obviously doing something right so keep it up.

Take care

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Hi Lee,

I hope that you're feeling well today. My anxiety suddenly made a reappearance yesterday evening, after a break of four years, and as with yours, it is the depersonalisation which I find terrifying too. I often think that I could deal with the panic attacks really well its just that which makes me feel worse. I guess what I'm trying to remind myself of is that the depersonalisation takes over when our brain tells us there's too much going on. It's supposed to be a way of protecting us from the anxiety (even though it feels nothing like that).

I hope that really soon you begin to positive again. You were obviously doing something right so keep it up.

Take care
    hi josie im sorry to hear the anxiety made a sudden appearance last night..... depersonalisation is a horrible (the worst) symptom of anxiety and unless others have experienced it then they will have no idea of how terrifying it is... i really feel for you at the moment and i hope you start to feel better soon. ive been having up and down days recently. trying to take each day as it comes and being focused, determined and positive about my cbt. take good care. lee

Hi Lee,
    I'm new myself and wondered how you are today? I've noticed you've had some panics as I have? Have you tried breathing excercises?

Thank you very much Lee, I really appreciate it. It's good that we have NMP for support and to know that we're not alone. Keep smiling

your very welcome josie, and i will keep on smiling .... hi cisco im having one of my good days today, so im happy and content at the moment. i have tried breathing exercises but for me i think it makes my panic worse, but thats just me (everyone deals with it in their own way. hows your day been?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information