Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Excercise

Excercise

Hey guys, didn't really know where to posts this lol. So why not here?

Anyways, I wanted ask about exercise and what type of excercise you guys do here to help relieve or release anxiety. I keep reading conflicting information. Some say high intensity is the best for anxiety, while others say moderate exercise is better. Which one is it? :\

Personally, I think moderate is better. I've read that endorphins are released at about 30 minutes into activity. Usually I feel good after a longer workout. Recently I did a 10 minute high intensity workout and i felt like CRAP afterwards. The adrenaline was soaring through my body and my heartbeat did not slow down for about 15 minutes. It was quite frustrating since in my mind I was in a good place, but physically I was shaky and felt horrid...even started get tunnel vision afterwards.

Anyways, just wondering what type of exercise you guys do and think is more helpful!

Thanks!

Monika

To heal ilness, begin by restoring balance.

Speak or act negativly, pain follows, Speak or act with a pure heart, and happiness follows.

It's never too late to create a new body.

Wellness is our natural state. Disease is an imposter.

Re: Excercise

Hi Moniker.I walk a lot I find it easy on me,at moment it raining so I am on my exercise bike indoors. I do yoga as well.
    Petra x

Yupp, I find I feel great after yoga! I don't really live in an area where I can take a nice relaxing walk lol, so I usually have to resort to treadmill which I hate

Speak or act negativly, pain follows, Speak or act with a pure heart, and happiness follows.

My exercise of choice is swimming.... I love the feeling of the water, which is relaxing / anti-anxiety itself. I usually set myself a goal of at least 1000 metres per session, which takes me about 25 minutes... sometimes i push myself further to do 1500 metres. I feel so good after that.

* A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single footstep *

* The only constant in life, is change *

I try to get out at least twice a day with my German Shepherd,in my mind i would love to do more, but my body hasn't caught up yet

You just gotta go out and do it! I've done that too before, contemplating going out and running or going to yoga and then always backing out but once you do it and realize nothing bad is going to happen it's rewarding

For me exercise is one of the best ways to keep my anxiety at bay, love the feeling after a hard workout or a long run.

I like to exercise, go to the gym twice a week, kinda keeps me sane, gym is run by a friend which makes it a lot easier to go to and I go with a couple of my friends, we have a good giggle. I have signed up to do the 10k in Sept for help for heroes, (hopefully) filled with dread at the thought of not being able to do it.
    My problem is I start my running on the treadmill/on the road after about half an hour I need to poo. Like major stomach pains, run to the loo and major explosion. Then i feel ill for a good while. I know my poo movements are bad but this is highly embarrassing, esp. in a gym!!!

I ride my bike, at a comfort pace taking in the beauty of the countryside, I don't think exercises should all be about speed and time trials, its about enjoying yourself and exercising your mind as well as your body. Have fun stay positive.

Hi, I'm agoraphobic and I've just started cycling around our local area with my other half, at the weekends, any excersise is better than none and I enjoy it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information