Thread: Post Nasal drip

Post Nasal drip

Hi,
    Does anyone here suffer from this? All day i've had the feeling of something running down my throat. Whilst not overly uncomfortable, given my health anxiety at the moment it has been freaking me out.

When I drink anything, even water, it feels like it is even worse and there is loads of it.

Thanks

Pete

Re: Post Nasal drip

Have you ever been tested for allergies? I have this, and turned out to be indoor allergies to dust, mold, pets, etc.

I suffer really bad from it, all the time. Especially worse in the past few weeks!! I have no idea why :( Could be allergies or a sinus problem

Thanks for the responses. Been bad in the last week or so. My sinuses have been playing up and getting pressure headaches, etc. I've been taking antihistamines and started to feel better but last night i used Beconase and since then noticed this feeling down the back of my throat. Ironically the headaches are better though. I do wonder how much of this relates to my anxiety as well!!!

I think some of it is anxiety too, along with allergies. I noticed that when I go for periods without eating or drinking (like 4 or 5 hours) if I get a nice cold glass of water I get all goopey in the back of my mouth and my throat.

If it is allergies, certain allergy medications will work, and almost too well. I had gotten so used to my post nasal drip that when I went on zyrtec for a week I freaked out - I had absolutely nothing in the back of my throat and it felt so dried out lol.

I sufferered with Post Nasal Drip for about 19 years. I knew I had severe dust allergies. Had allergy testing, found out my dust allergies were severe enough to prescribe daily preventative antihistimines. I was also given a nasal steroid spray. One month after using both, I no longer have allergy attacks and I no longer have Post Nasal Drip.

Hi

I'm having some similar problem at the moment...my anxiety is high sky and had a panic attack the other day.

On and off since December Ive been having what I think a repeated sinus infection,..I have either thick clear or thick yellow mucus stuff when blowing my nose....I actually feel this stuff running down my throat and it's embarrassing when talking to someone as you can hear it too.....

My ears were totally blocked at one point for 3.5 weeks. The right has cleared the left is still blocked and all I can hear is my heartbeat.

I feel very off balance when walking like I'm drunk....and I have a lot of facial tingling and mild moving headaches,

I have booked yet again another appointment with the doctor to get to the bottom of it. I have taken 7 day antibiotic courses which have improved it slighty but then not long after back to the start...I have got to pursued the doctor this time or I don't know....

Sounds sinus

Xxx

Thread Information