Thread: Panicking in school ATM

Panicking in school ATM

Hey guys, hope all is well.

Right now I'm in school and I'm freaking out. I still can't stop thinking about those two young guys that died. I've been conscious of my body and breathing and it's making it worse.

I'm in class and I can't stop shaking me legs, tensing my chest(like bracing myself), overbreathing!

I'm in such a state, I have this class and one more in the afternoon but right now all I wanna do is go home. Please help. :(

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Aso having palps and a butterfly feeling in my chest and stomach.

Re: Panicking in school ATM

ok so you're having symptoms of anxiety. You must be familiar with them because you're on this site suggesting you've suffered anxiety before.
    It is simply your body reacting to a percieved threat- in your case the fear of dying triggered by those two boys you mention.
    You've heard of the flight or fight response? that gets you ready to run away from danger. The symptoms are needed so we can run away from the danger, back in the caveman days this was something like a lion so our brains needed to be able to tell our bodies to run. But now we very rarely encouter lions but our brain still reacts the same way even though the danger isn't physical
    so it's good to know this is a healthy response from our brains to our bodies. The sensations you're feeling aren't dangerous and as you continue to tell yourself that they will pass.
    Try counting your breaths. so in 2,3,4 then out 2,3,4.
    This should help calm your whole body down.
    Don't worry you're not alone and you can get through this

Thanks Vicky

All I know is I wanna go home soo bad. I hate feeling like this.

bless you I know exactly how that feels :( it totally sucks because it's such a horrible feeling
    I'm guessing you'll be pretty tired/worn out too from all that adrenaline release so when school finishes have a nice relaxing night. Make sure you get plenty of sleep to recharge your batteries

I hope you're feeling better. I know exactly how you feel. I start to feel like this everyday at work at about 3pm.

Thread Information