Thread: Constant chest pains and anxiety?

Constant chest pains and anxiety?

Does anyone have this? It's horrible, feels like I'm going to drop dead from a heart attack at any second during the day/night. Have had multiple tests with GP all ok, said I have anxiety.
    I am on propranolol for my physical symptons from anxiety and i want do any strenous exercise incase i drop dead .
    The chest pain is very real and painful to me, my GP just says its all in my head tho, is this what anxiety does to you?
    I know anxiety can cause all sort of things bit i am just having one of them episodes where the physical symptons are at their peak and just hoping others can relate.
    Thanks for reading
    Rob

Re: Constant chest pains and anxiety?

Hi i am also at my peak for physical symptoms!! Yes chest pain is one of my many symptoms but one of the most frightening. I feel like i will have a heart attack but i have to just breathe slowly or ignore it as i know nothing happend the last 1000 times my body did this. If your GP has done all the tests and said its anxiety then that is what it is. If you were actually having a heart attack you would know by now.

Been feeling like this for 4 years, I can relate to this on a massive scale - in a way it has destroyed my life. What did help me a lot was my cbt therapist, she told me kellybobz says in that if you were to have a heart attack you would know instantly and there would be no 'oh my god Im about to have a heart attack', she told me to research the way the heart functions and what it does etc, when I did this I became more comfortable with things as I grew to realise just what a powerful thing the heart is and also how there are over 100 things that can cause chest pain not even closely related to the heart.

Think by writing this Iv just reassured myself about a post I made couple days ago

Thank you so much for the replys
    I feel sorry for everyone on this board going through this kind of stuff, it's the craziest thing, to feel constantly ill but have every test come back negative!
    These physical symptons are so immense from anxiety i think it is just so hard to believe that anxiety can actually cause such symptons!

heya! ye i had a really bad day today.. shoulder pain... feel like there was a vice on my chest.. but im still here... hanging in there ..

i have chest pain and tightness every day breathing problems. dizzy feeling sick panick anxiety depression, i often phone for ambulance go doc or a&e to check im ok i have had blood tests and loads ecgs that came bk fine but i still worry that im having heart attack stroke or clot. or im going to die from cardiac arrest or sudden death its horrible i hate thnking and feeling like this.

Thread Information