Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi all fellow sufferers

hi all fellow sufferers

wow what a site,just reading from this site has helped me feel better,

my problems have started in the last six months or so but have really got worse recently,i suffer like most from the fear of dying-both my parents died early of various illness'es my mum has always been ill but my dad died really quickly of complications surrounding a brain tumour.i got admitted to hospital with what they think was a migraine when i suffered pins and needles all down my right hand side starting from my foot going to my head face and mouth making me all numb and unable to speak without slurring and i had a belting headache after that had gone,i was that scared i kind of said my goodbyes to my wife and kids!!!.recently i have had difficulty breathing and the chest pains which my doctor put down to asthma,im on a reliver for that but i stll get episodes.i mentioned anxiety to him and he kind of ignored it and told me to carry on with the inhaler.i dont get as bad as other on the board but it still frightens me and im kind of embarressed by it as its not very macho,its seems at the mo i get worse after having a couple of beers!!!!nnnnooooooooooo,anyhow ive rambled on a bit now,

catch you guys and girls around

red

Hi Red,

Welccome to the site. You will get lots of information here and will realise that your not alone as we're all in the same boat on way or another. Everyone here is so friendly and helpful.

Glad You Joined Us

Take Care

Mandy

xx

Welcome to the forum Red
    Love Helen

Hi and welcome to NMP

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Hi Red and welcome, there is absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about, millions of people both men and woman suffer from some form of anxiety including "macho men" aswell. Alchohol can actually make anxiety worse, so maybe stay off it untill you feeling a bit better.

Best wishes,

Polly

Hi Red,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
    Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

hi red!
    Welcome hun there is loads of help here when you need it most so dont fear two heads is here!!!!
    xx

hi red welcome to the forum

hope you find all you need here there are some lovely people on here

emily xxxx

if it looks like it works and feels like it works then it works!!!

i am glad you found us, you are not alone

jackie

Hi and welcome

As well as reassuring you that you are not alone I just wanted to say that I had a similar experience with my GP when I first mentioned anxiety and the shallow breathing symptoms, he just told me to use the blue inhaler when they came along even though they are totally different to asthma symptoms, ie wheezing.

GP number 2 was much more helpful and as well as prescribing medication and suggesting CBT also said that she could 100 guarantee me that I would not stop breathing (my anxiety fear at that time) and that the worst thing that could happen is that my brain would make me faint so that the breathing balance could be redressed, not that this has ever happened either. The breathing symptoms tend to come and go, although very very unpleasant when they are around, distraction tends to help.

Good luck

Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information