Thread: Palpitations,Dizziness,Nausea.....HEART ATTACK?!

Palpitations,Dizziness,Nausea.....HEART ATTACK?!

Hi all, I havent been on here a while, Ive been doing 'ok' for the past 4 weeks and am trying to get back to work etc and am also seeing a lead consultant psychologist who will start EMDR with me in the next couple of weeks.

However, on Sunday i started with a bad cold. My nose and chest and throat hurt a lot and my ears felt blocked. On Monday night i was just watching tv (feeling sorry for myself) when i noticed a lot of palpitations all at once. I had a camomile tea to try and calm down (but i wasnt particularly panicked anyway). I went to bed and was lying there when out of the blue my back, under my right shoulder blade came a load of REALLY bad stabby shooting pains in my back towards my chest. I literally thought i was having a heart attack. I couldnt move or talk or take deep breaths. It passed after a couple of mins and then came back again. Then it went and i started getting worried that what with the palps earlier and now pain i was dying.

Since then i have been REALLY dizzy and been getting palps daily, quite a few times. I dont particularly feel dizzy with the palps - the dizziness seems to be there a lot of the time. Im over the worst of the cold, but my ears do ache a bit and feel a bit 'heavy' inside. I was at my psychologist yesterday and told her how i felt and she said it was anxiety, but why would this come from nowhere? Ive been doing well! Ive had ecgs in the past but not while ive had an actual palpitations. The ecgs have been 'normal' but with fast heart rate. Ive been waking up feeling sick also. I keep seeing that palps with dizziness and nausea is a sign of a heart attac. Am so scared.

Am phoning to see if i can see DR today. I really am so worried that Im having some sort of heart problem.

Please any advice would be so helpful.
    Charlotte xxx

Re: Palpitations,Dizziness,Nausea.....HEART ATTACK?!

I get dizziness all the time and used to get really bad really scary palps, but the Doc has put he on beta blockers which have stopped the palps in their tracks.

I also throw up and the mearest hint of anxiety.

I am certain your symptoms are all anxiety induced, but you are doing the right thing and going to see the doctor.

Go prepared with a list of everything you want to discuss, to make sure it gets covered, and I hope that it sets your mind at rest.

I get chest pain and racing heart, it scares me to death. Last night on the way home from work my heart started racing out of the blue, or course now i'm sure i have a heart problem like AF or something! I'm 34 years old and have always worried about my health. I also have daily head pressure and feel unsteady, tightness in back and chest and weird sensations throughout my body. I've suffered on and off for the last 10 years or so. I've been to the drs so many times i can't count, i've had ecgs, bloods and they come back fine, yet i'm still convinced they have missed something. I hate feeling like this, you are not alone.

I'm a 39 year old male, morbidly obese but I am trying to lose it, lost just over a stone in the last 2 months. However despite not suffering palpitatios during or immediately after the gym. I will be sat at work and will suffer an attack. Today for example I was at work and my back had a pain then I started to have palps on and off this lasted an hour and even now a couple of hours later still don't feel 100%. I sometimes feel dizzy while having attacks sometimes once the palps have gone. I suffer pricking sensations, back/neck/jaw pain, headaches. I also suffer from ibs like symptoms and sinus issues. I have suffered the palps on and off for at least 5 years now sometimes I raise it with the docs sometimes not. I felt particularly odd today so did they have suggested an ecg which I'm going in for Monday am.

The doc said it doesn't sound too concerning and that skipped beats and palps like this are normal, it doesn't reassure me much though. But to call 999 if I get any chest pain/ sickness/ blackouts with it.

Its reassuring to know there are others out there also with the same issues, its a shame most docs seem so dismissive of what can be for us something very frightening

I'm sure that this will all be down to anxiety.

wow...my latest bout with anxiety started the same way! Almost 2 weeks ago I ahd an aweful cold and I was in bed for days, cold seems better (still a little stuffy like you) and then on with the pounding heart that wont stop thumping and I am so dizzy my eyes are blurry and I feel like i can't get enough air! I called my GP yesterday and got an appointment that day. I had an ekg, said sinus tachycardia which he promised is not going to hurt me. (heart rate 138). He seems to think it's since I took decongestants for my cold that it really sped me up given I am so anxious anyway...
    I am still anxious but avoiding cold meds at all costs...
    All that being said, it sounds like you have a lot of anxiety and it's not a heart attack. I get very dizzy also when my nose is stuffy since I know I'm not breathing right.
    Hope you feel well soon!

Thread Information