Thread: A question about dosage increase

A question about dosage increase

I've been on Lyrica for 3 weeks now - 150mg a day. I'm finally starting to notice a small dent in my anxiety, but I feel like I need a higher dosage to really start feeling the effects. I feel like right now I'm on enough to get more side effects than benefits, if that makes any sense.

Problem is, my doctor had never even heard of Lyrica for anxiety, so I don't know what sort of dosage increase to ask for.

How did you approach it? Do I ask to go up to 200mg or should I ask for more than that?

Right now I'm just feeling really sleepy all the time and I can put up with that if I see a bigger dent made in my anxiety, but for all I'm feeling now it doesn't seem worth it, so I'd just like to know how to go about explaining to my doctor what I need.

Re: A question about dosage increase

Hello

I started on one 100mg tablet for one week,then upped to 200mg(2x100 doses) in the second week. My doctor then said I could increase to 300mg(3x100) if I felt I needed to.

This has been the correct dose for me,with the only side effect being a bit sleepy,but not enough to stop me working etc

Hope this helps

Loreen x

I spent a week on 3x50mg then 2 days on 4x50mg, then went to 2x 150 for 6 day, now I am on 3x 150mg daily. I have had no real problems.

Thanks for your advice guys. The doctor has doubled my dosage to 300mg a day, which I thought was a bit excessive, but he said that in his opinion, you should start high then adjust down depending on how you respond. Bit strange to me, but who am I to argue with a doctor - especially when I freak out and want out of there asap

Quote Originally Posted by tiddleypom View Post
    Thanks for your advice guys. The doctor has doubled my dosage to 300mg a day, which I thought was a bit excessive, but he said that in his opinion, you should start high then adjust down depending on how you respond. Bit strange to me, but who am I to argue with a doctor - especially when I freak out and want out of there asap
    seems like sound advice.

Thread Information