Thread: In a real panic over hair dye!!

In a real panic over hair dye!!

Hi, I have been doing really well with my HA for the last month, but this morning I finally gave in and dyed my hair, it is not a permanent one and I did the 48 hr patch and had no reaction. I did it about 9.30 am (over 8 hrs ago) and as soon as I did it I had a full on panic attack and am convinced I am going to have a serious reaction as I have read about a few lately! I am convinced my scalp is hurting and I have a headache and am in a real panic.... am worried my face is going to swell up and I am going to die...... I know its sounds really silly..... would I have had a severe reaction by now if it was going to happen??? Please can anyone reassure me as I am SO scared..... :(

Re: In a real panic over hair dye!!

Yes you would, you would have had a reaction within minutes if you were going to, if nothing has happened by now then you will be fine

Oh thank you for your reply, I am in a real panic, I know it is silly, but my scalp feels sore so it has freaked me out! :(

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

I am still in a panic, even though I used the dye 10 hours ago, and still worried about a reaction as my scalp is sore :(

You have answered yout own question hun,you would have had the reaction more or less right away and what you are feeling now is anxiety...headache, and scalp tingling..anxiety. Bet you have been constantly looking and touching your head too and that doesn't help and only fuels the anxiety. Really, you will be (ARE) fine.
    Hope by now you are feeling better. X

oh how I feel your pain. I have exactly the same issues with the hair dye... That's why i have roots that are 3 inches long. I'm always so scared to do it due to the allergic reaction. I never had it, but i'm terrified. But basically, if you were going to have a reaction - it would happen immediately. And burning on your scalp is also fine. It's normal, hairdye has peroxide in it, and it burns a little on the skin. I always try to make sure i dont put too much of it on my scalp. And always use the same hairdye brand. I found that if I try new - i'll definately have a panic attack, as i'd thik that this is soemthing i haven't tried yet and i might have a reaction. Just stick to something you know and you know you didn't have any problems. I hope that put your mind at rest a little bit. But seriously you are fine! Allergic reactions are extremely rare, if they weren't hair salons would be out of business.

I can remember having a hairdye a few years ago to get the white out of my blonde hair. and it came out blue. I was panic striken then. I phoned the helpline that came with the dye. It was to wash it with dandruff shampoo---which i did as i already had some in the house. It worked after about 3 washes.
    I went the haidressers last December to treat myself to have it done properly.
    Which was not an easy task,as I have a feeling of chlostrophbia in haidressers. Well I might as well not have bothered cos no one noticed any colour change.
    So I had wasted a lot of money. I give up.
    Love to all

I so wish they hadn't put so many stories in the press lately about this. I'm a bottle blonde, and have terrible roots lately because a. I hate the hairdressers anyway - having to sit there feeling trapped for so long...and now b. extra anxiety of feeling like maybe I'll have one of these horrendous reactions at any time. Quite frankly, getting my hair done at all is now a massive horrible ordeal of anxiety! I'm actually just considering growing all the blonde out and just being my mousy brown self purely because I can't stand the anxiety of it anymore!!!

I get that when I get my roots bleached. Because I've had alopecia areata 3 times I decided to get the hairdressers to do it for me to avoid the bleach being on my hair for too long (takes me ages to put the stuff in)

Last time I was there I really wasn't feeling well....always felt like I was gonna have a panic attack...

The toner at the end went wrong and clung to the bleach and my roots went pink eeeeeeek not the look I was going for

Tolls another half an hour washing the hair to get it almos out....was at the salon in total for about 3.5 hours.....with the baby....

My quote is Suffer for Beauty lol

Thread Information