Thread: sudden head sensation dreamlike scary weird brutal

sudden head sensation dreamlike scary weird brutal

Hello all,

I have a question. I've had panic attacks, depression, all the anxiety crap, but I wonder if anyone knows this one. A sudden onset of a very intense strange feeling inside the head, getting you into a dreamlike fearful state, with a kind of taste/smell inside your mouth/nose/head and like experiencing something you have experienced before but you just can't grasp it and remember what it was. Like a dream, feeling, taste, something. You sit down and just wait till it passes (cca 10secs), and after that very tired and anxious and panicky.

Nice, huh? Well that's probably the best I can describe it. I started having it when I was really stressed and didn't sleep much for a week and then bang! It actually started out really weird, after that week, when finally everything was over, I was eating and eating and I thought hmm I ate a lot but I'll still have a tangerine and I ate the first piece and wam! Had to run to the bathroom to spit it out, cause I got this extreme something going up to my head and I felt I'd barf afterwise.. since then it always happened with food or when sensing smells, like people cooking something in the kitchen and so on.. then it just started happening by itself without a trigger and I also got sensations going down my hands at the time when it happened. It hasn't happened for a while (I try to live very healthy and carefully nowadays) and now I'm in bed with a flu and it hit me again. I guess my body is just exhausted from the fevers and sore throat (like that's not enough ). For the past few times I usually just got the sensation going down my left arm. Oh and it makes me nauseous for a while sometimes. The worst thing is the extreme fear and feeling of doom and a weird dream-like state.

I know it's not a normal panic attack, because I've had the palpitation going crazy thing and this isn't quite it. Maybe a different kind, like panic attack 2.0 D

OK this post is really long, just want to mention that I found a long forum somewhere (forgot where) once where people mentioned something similar. Not exactly it but dreamlike sensations and vertigo while eating, first bite, etc.. oh yeah and when this first started I always got it at the first bite of a meal.. strangeee..

Any help, advice, anything would be very appreciated

Re: sudden head sensation dreamlike scary weird brutal

Welcome
    Have you seen your doctor? I would let them know of these sensations, just to rule out partial seizures or anything like that (highly unlikely ) but it sounds like anxiety attacks, complete with derealization. If you look at the symptoms explanations on the left, funny tastes or smells are described as a symptom, although it isn't clear what causes this in anxiety.
    With anxiety, try not to dwell on the frightening sensations. After all, they are just sensations, they aren't harming you
    Tell your doctor before you do anything - we cannot diagnose you here! Get the all clear then we know it's just panic attacks.
    All the best xxx

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Sounds like a bit of DP/DR with a touch of deja vue...
    I get weird fuzzy head dreamlike sensations alot... quite scary... feel out of touch with reality...but thats probably Depersonalisation or Derealization....

welcome to my world

Thread Information