Thread: 10 weeks in

10 weeks in

Hey guys,

I'm 4 weeks of 50mg and then started the 100mg. I have to say my anxiety has subsided loads but im sleeping VERY poorly with extremely vivid dreams that aren't nightmares as such. Just very vivid and I feel even though I sleep for over 8 hours I get little rest. I exercise 5 days a week so that isn't an issue.

Also, still get quite a sore head and depression, but anxiety subsided massively.

Anyone have any thoughts good or bad I would love to hear?

thanks ya'll.

Re: 10 weeks in

Hello cactus. Although i still haven't tried it myself but a lot of people on here swear by camomile tea. I think that suppose to be good with relaxing before sleep and i suppose that would then also help with the dreams.

Darren

Hello Cactus

warm milk or horlicks might help.I'm on the same meds and dosage as you, I take mine just before bed as I had sleep issues aswell. Do you have an upset stomach (diarrehea)?? I've been on 100mg for a week now, after being on 50mg for 3weeks and have started feeling a little bit shaky after that goes it leaves me feeling sick, not sure if this is just another side effect

Did you have anything like this??

Darren - Cheers, I'm a big fan of various teas and actually used to swear by camomile and I don't know why I never thought of it! Thanks.

jimsmrs - I actually take mine after I have my first meal of the day. However, yes I've been getting very odd fluctuations with stomach, sometimes very annoying diarrhoea and some days yes I notice my hands shake quite a bit, as well as a headache later in the day. I believe this is a side effect and i'm willing to give this another 4 weeks at 100mg.

As I said, my main issue is anxiety and that seems to be really under control with sertraline. I'm still aware of it, but if I breathe deeply and acknowledge it's there it doesn't bother me too much and eventually goes away. Before it completely wrecked my life.

Depression mostly is just making me so very tired all the time! Finding it hard to get through a full work out at the gym without yawning all the time lol.

I'm going to stick with the meds aswell, i think I've got this far, I've heard sertraline takes its time to kick in, so I'm looking forward to the relief when it finally does.

my doctor has told me light exercise is best at the moment, think she's right as my head wants to do more, but my body hasn't quite caught up yet!!!

good luck with sleep issue

xx

Hi - just been reading posts - don't want to appear negative but an antidepressant should well have kicked in by 10 weeks good and proper. If you are still having problems it isn't working properly. It should properly kick in within 6 weeks but 10 weeks you should be feeling good.

---------- Post added at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

I am tapering down on Sertraline as feel my depression getting much worse after 3 weeks. These were not side effects - they subsided but the depression I could not take any more.

You're welcome cactus

Laura - I am 10 weeks in and still feel anxiety and depression. As for Chamomile tea - be careful it can interact. My best solution is Atarax - yes sure try the hot milk etc....

Thread Information