Thread: Mystery headaches

Mystery headaches

does anyone know if sinus congestion can cause head pain in the back of your head?? i'm feeling really blocked up and my anxiety is all over the place

Re: Mystery headaches

Sounds like a Tension headache caused by the Anx .Once the Sinus prob has cleared up you wont be so Anxious and the headaches will stop .Until then try some heat applied to the back of the neck and some Paracetamol .Try to relax more using deep breathing 7/11 ..It really helps ..Sue

Yes Hun it can...

Ive got another appointment at the doctors on tuesday as since December I've had a constant sinus issue...I do know what the problem is but I can't seem to get rid of it....I know it's a sinus infection...all the symptoms are right etc etc so I'm gonna put my foot down with the GP to give me the right amount of antibiotics to finally sort it or request appointment with ENT...I can't take much more...my symptoms are

Morning: very blocked can hardly breath through the nose....
    Blowing nose am, can be thick yellow and clear
    Blowing nose pm onwards very thick clear stuff.
    Blocked ears
    Fatigue
    Eyes are sensitive to light
    Feel very off balance like I'm drunk
    Moving headaches- temple, forehead, towards the back
    Tingling head varies location...
    Constant draining down my throat which causes a cough...

My sinus issues are making my anxiety a nightmare as well as because my ears are blocked and the balance issue when walking around makes me feel like I'm going to pass out all the time...
    I had a panic attack the other day after walking around town so maybe see your GP and push for the right method to clear it.

I've only been given 7 day courses of anti B with weeks in-between so obv that's not going to help as you require 3-4 solid weeks of the stuff....

Xxx

Thank you for your responses! Em84 I'm just really worried because everything I can find on the internet is telling me I'm going to die of a severe complication unless I get treatment right away and i cant see a doctor until monday. Your symptoms sound a lot like mine! Although my headache is generally localised at the back of my head near the top. I also have the sensitive eyes, its horrible when its sunny outside and I can't even enjoy it :(

Hi Michellew, try and stay off the Internet you'll end up telling yourself you have this and that those symptom checker websites and certain forums are a frightening read for anyone who suffers from anxiety. Sounds to me as mentioned like you have a tension headache I always get them at the top back of my head and this in turn persuades me I have a bad illness which makes it worse. Grab some paracetamol and try to keep yourself occupied until it goes. I had one the other day and grabbed the paracetamol and a good book and after an hour it had near as gone. Try not to worry too much and take care.

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

Ps I also become sensitive to sunlight thank goodness for my sunglasses.

Thread Information