Thread: ???

???

I was born in 71. before all these Autism/ADHD and so forth
    The thing is I could be in a group of 50 people and feel the centre of attention.
    Often resort to alcohol and Valium. Stupid...I'm so self-concious its getting ridiculous. Is there help I can get ,, even walking down the street I often cross over when someone is coming. A level of anxiety all the time.

Even weddings , happy days I have to get drunk. The picture with my sister, is me with a false smile like the joker off batman, trying to hide the terror in my eyes.

Cant go on like this.

Re: ???

Hi Dave, sorry to hear you are having such a bad time. Yes, there is help out there for you, but you have to be prepared....it's not always easy or fast. I don't know your specific problems, but I was in a similar situation a good few years back with the alcohol. Not good, but I do understand. As long as you are prepared to accept that you have problems (which it sounds like you are) you are half way to beating the demons. Anxiety is awful and can eat away at you all the time because it likes to win. Book yourself a doctors appointment and be honest with them. There is no shame in revealing what is going on inside you...it really needn't be this bad. I really feel for you. Please get the help you need. Keep me posted. Kitti x

Re: ???

I think a Gaba-specific med would help, they've worked wonders for me with exactly these things. Take a look at pregabalin

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

P.S. Alcohol and valium both work on Gaba in the brain, that was the big 'clue' for me in your post, and imho it's no surprise you're resorting to those things as a result.

Thread Information