Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: had to tell mum!!!

had to tell mum!!!

[:0]well guys as you are probably aware i have kept my panic and anxiety to myself and not told anyone and didnt want to throu lots of fears,,but now went to visit my mum tonite and while i was there bupa the hospital called ,we were expecting her to go in late june so i thought that would give me some time to find the courage to tell her my problem???anyway bupa called while i was there and told her she would be going into hospital on the 24 may and would be in there a week,,so i felt the time was right to tell her i was very very anxiuos and it took all my energy to tell her,,she listened and seemed to take it in but i really dont think she understands the seriuosness of my condition,, she used to say to me why dont you go anywhere now or why dont you come with us shopping anymore??or go in the car ,,or,,or,,or,,or,,???/and i told her tonite i think she always thought she had done something wrong and thats why i wouldnt go anywhere with them and of course i felt awful all the time haveing to make excuses ,well now i guess thats one thing i wont have to do,,when i first told her that i may nit be able to make it because of the panic she said i will get your brother to pick you up and take you,,i said no mum dont you understand i CANT GO because of the panic she said well dont worry just send me some grapes!i couldnt do that ,,so now after all this time worrying about telling her a situation arose out of the blue and i felt the time was right ,so here i am now very worried about what she may be thinking of me ,,i feel some satisfaction or relief telling her but i also feel very depressed,,not sure why all different emotions at the minute going throu my head,,anyway guys i said i woulkd let you all know ok so there it is,,,,,,,i said to myself i wasnt going to have a glass of wine tonite lol,,well damn it i am gonna have two,,thank you all for your support guys,,xxxxdarrenxxx[:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0]

Darren,

Well done for taking the opportunity and one good thing has come out of it so far ..That she now knows why you wouldn't go anywhere with her and you could explain that she had not done anything wrong at all and this was the cause.

She has had a lot to take in tonight what with her new operation date and your news that she probably needs sometime to mull it all over and then you might want to pop back or phone when she's less busy and tell her more about it and see her reaction and whether she has any questions.
    If she doesn't know anything about the condition it's really hard to understand all about it in one sitting . You could print her off a few fact sheets about it so she can read up on it in her own time.

Is she likely to tell your brother or keep it to herself ?

I can understand all your emotions whizzing about ...

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

hi thanks meg,,i have told her to keep it to herself it was hard enough telling her i wouldnt like anyone else to know just yet,,this has been such a tough nite ,,after keeping this to myself for such a long time,,it is truly a relief but at the same time i feel really down and not sure why???thanks megxxxxxxxx

well done! you have done real well, you should be proud

apriltones

Darren,

It might be because you feel vunerable now, having protected yourself for so long ?

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

well done matey,that took guts....thats a weight lifted off your shoulders,from now on you will feel a little better,just give it time!

best wishes....bryan.

Well done Darren. My son has panic attacks, and I try to understand his problem and spend a lot of time persuading him to get help.

All the best

Darren,

GREAT JOB!!!!!

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so very proud of you right now.

One less worry on your plate matey.

It will take time to sink in, but you will be just fine.

Not to worry about what your mum is thinking of you. I`m sure once everything settles and the air clears. She will be quite relieved to know that she has`nt done anything wrong that kept you away, and then she will probably want to find out everything she can about this disorder so she can help out if she can.

I think things will get a bit easier for you from now on Darren.

Like Meg says I think you are having these mixed feelings because you are feeling vulnerable right now.

Keep ya chin up mate. The hard part is over now. :-D

Keep us posted on your progress.

Take care and best wishes Darren,

Diana xxxxx

thanks guys,,somehow it does feel like a weight off my shouders but now of course i now dont have to make excuses feels ok i guess ,,but cant help feeling i have let my mum down????i know i shouldnt feel like this at 33 but??? anyhow guys i will keep you posted thanks,,,special thanks to dianax,,i also recieved throu the post this morning my information on the no panic telephone recovery group which i am doing from the 1 june so its all go for me at the minute but wouldnt have got this far without all you guys here to support mexxxxxxx

well done darren

At least ur mum listened, mine nags.

Scooter Girl

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information