Thread: Does anxiety get worse with PMT? + IBS questions

Does anxiety get worse with PMT? + IBS questions

I was having such a good few days at the start of the week; absolutely nothing was worrying me and I felt like my old self again. But yesterday and today I have been going downhill again. My period is due soon and I think the anxiety could be worsening because of PMT (although I'm always moody and snappy leading up to my period!). I just feel so depressed today and had a real good cry, which helped, although I couldn't tell you why I was crying!

My bowel symptoms haven't changed, but more doubt is creeping into my mind. Does anyone else suffer IBS? I am worrying that although I have the "bowel movement" symptoms (the way they are described on info leaflets fits the description of mine perfectly!), I don't have the abdominal cramping that most people describe. I do have a left sided tummy pain but it is very on-off and lasts only a few seconds, comes and goes as it pleases. Most people seem to get really awful pain with their IBS and mine isn't like that at all. It's more discomfort really, just a niggly pain I'm aware of. The only reason I got it investigated was because it has been happening for 6 months now and because of my bowel habits.

I am also worrying that when I have a sigmoidoscopy, something will get missed in the parts of the bowel that can't be seen. I have had blood tests that all came back ok (full blood count, thyroid, ESR, liver/kidney function and tumour markers), but I'm worrying now that if sigmoidoscopy is ok, I will be dismissed with IBS, and that there may be something they've overlooked.

I'm also worrying that we are off on holiday in a couple of weeks and I'll ruin it for everyone if I feel so worried and depressed about everything.

I have just received some herbal remedies today (vitamin B complex, magnesium and Relora) so I will start taking and see if they improve my mood.

I've been looking forward to today all week, as it's my first day for ages without work - kids at school and sun shining. I went to the gym to try and improve my mood (didn't work for long). I hate feeling like this, I just want to snap out of it. I have just received Clare Weekes book so I will spend an hour in the garden with it and see if it helps at all.

Thanks for reading - if you have any advice I'd appreciate it!

the claire weekes book will help i am sure of it and with regard to the period making symptoms worse yes they definitely do

as for the ibs everyones symptoms are slightly different and what is ibs to you will be different to the exact ibs that i have

please try not to fret as im sure nothing was missed

i hope this helps

jackie

A period definately makes my anxiety worse[Sigh...]

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

PMT definately makes me more anxious. If you have IBS that would be worse at this time too.

anx

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

Im with you on this one when im due my period im horrendous:(
    anxiety a lot worse than usual i go a lot more light headed and dizzy as well
    take care cheryl xx

The last 3 months, about a week before the period starts im just not right, pysical symptoms are highlighted & i just feel extremely negative & stressed, few days after the periods gone i feel like me again! Maybe thats why i feel ok at the moment as it was a week ago period stopped. Keep meaning to go back to the docs about it but have been putting it off. Ive always suffered with pmt but recently its more HA with pmt than ever before.
    Caz xxxx

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic!

Thread Information